A good explanation from Meteoblue about their weather data, the coverage and why it's better than just using live weather stations

Some time ago i predicted a cloud front move towards me as it was predicted and it moved accurately in the direction it was supposed to do. This is a location outside of those METAR bubbles to only show how amazing this forecasted weather system is. It’s a timelapse of the weather in the sim.

That is not possible to smooth out with METAR without adding some kind of walls to block the clouds from coming in there if it’s reported clear sky in this location.

Also found this thread created around release compare real weather vs live-weather.

All sims has fantasy weather. It’s impossible to get the real weather into the sim. All of the 3rd party addons is fantasy weather in the sim. I think using forecast is the most closest we can get to have a complete picture of the weather in the sim.

But not to create weather, because weather is formed globally from high & low pressure in the atmosphere from uneven heating of the earth. Does METAR report that? The weather that is happening over weather stations is not formed over that specific weather station. The weather station does not report anything about the weather outside of that area.