A moving map on Xbox

The map in the Xbox is so limited, now the sim seems finally at an acceptable state for the Xbox, I really miss to see my aircraft relative to the world in a map that I can control.

I don’t believe so, think you need simconnect for that.

They could provide some kind of Software, associated with an xbox account to be used on the computer, which would provide a kind of API to be used by IVAO/VATSIM programs or other third-party programs such as Little Nav Map, providing the aircraft’s telemetry (Velocity , altitude, coordinates, and such things) when the player was in flight on the Xbox/Xcloud, for us to take advantage of in some way. Yeah, that’s all in my head, but who knows. I hope that people from Asobo/MS read it and maybe produce something like that.

1 Like

Hi there,

Could you clarify your wish, please? WASM allows C++ code to run in a safe, sandboxed environment where it cannot execute code that might cause harm to the host machine. It is primarily for aircraft. I don’t know of its applicability with respect to a moving map.

Are you asking for a third party to create a moving map for Xbox? Are you asking for a modification to the VFR Map? I am not sure what you are asking. Could you please clarify?

1 Like

Just flight piper arrows have a moving map using openmaps. So it can be done on xbox

2 Likes

In simple words, I’m asking for a moving map.
That’s what I miss the most right now that the sim finally is at an acceptable state on Xbox.

Okay, I am going to edit your first post and take WASM out of the picture. If the request is about a moving map, the method by which it is accomplished is up to the developers to decide.

I think things will soon come to Xbox, in their own time of course. It’s a different environment, MSFS is something completely different within XBOX! Until a few years ago nobody was talking about a console having a simulator that, as I can say, is mostly a computer-oriented environment. Today it is on the console and one day it will break the barriers of limitation of this type of system, let’s be patient.

I myself am not on Xbox, but on Xcloud, that is, 3 times more limited than those who have the PC and XBOX! It’s hard for people to understand what it’s like to be on a different platform when they have resources to build any type of computer, with the best video cards in the world or processors. But here we are, always trying to collaborate with the forum, within our daily limitations.

The closest we have at the moment is as @BananaFish4 said, in the Just Flight Arrows. It’s not separate from the sim but is quite immersive. You can zoom the scale of the map, and I’ve also set a custom zoomed view on mine.

1 Like

Hi guys,

Since last Thursday, when using the newly released Vision Jet from FlightFX, you can use Navigraph Charts on your phone or tablet as a companion app to Xbox. Here is a screenshot showing your aircraft on the runway on the Xbox console, and the moving maps icon presented on an iPad:

To enable the feature, send your aircraft positon by navigating to the Simlink page on the Vision Jet touchscreen controller via MFD home/Utilities/Setup/Navigraph Settings. More info in Navigraph and in the FlightFX discord. The feature will also come to the upcoming FlightFX Hjet update for Xbox.

2 Likes