A Screenshot from the Sim back in December 2020 (Medium Settings) - Decide Yourself

This Screenshot was taken by me on the 27. of December 2020 on Medium (!!!) 1080p inbound Miami. Notice that the “old” LOD System was based in how tall/big objects were. So bigger objects got rendered from more far away. Feel free to recreate the Scene in the Sim update 5, i didn’t have time since i am on vacation.

2 Likes

So what? Make a comparison picture, or give the coordinates so that we can make a comparison picture ourselves. Then we can discuss it. By the way, this also works great in one of the thousands of existing threads. You don’t have to open a new thread for every little opinion.

3 Likes

Where is the location of this screenshot? I would like to compare it with my own LOD rendering distance mod settings.

Did you read the hotfix notes the lod system still looks at the size of the building on screen to decide when to render it but it’s been made more granular for better performance.

I think they temporarily reverted this back to the way it was but 3rd parties need to be engaging with the new lod levels of they want them to be showing up properly in the distance.

I suspect some of the default photogrammetry and poi’s may still need to be sorted out by asobo too
It’s a pretty large undertaking I’d expect and didn’t get finished prior to the patch dropping.

This screenshot was taken today in Barcelona so you can compare the LOD distance

Have you switched off Sharpen in UserCfg.opt? You can’t see any buildings in the distance. The transition from visible buildings is very blurred. Everything in the foreground looks very blurred too. I like the blur in the background very much, but not in the foreground. I thought I needed new glasses. :wink:

Oh, you are right, the picture was in low quality, here is the HD version

2 Likes

See the other thread (Interview by Digital Foundry from yesterday). It appears they now have admitted to have „tuned“ the graphics for PC in order to fit it into XboxS, although it was apparently publicly stated in the past by senior officials that they would not.

No words.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.