A310 ctd on first loading

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

yes

Brief description of the issue:

The first loading of the A310 leads to a ctd. It loads way too fast for the first time and then it crashes to desktop.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Start MSFS. Load the A310 in any runway and click on fly now

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Processor: AMD Phenom tm II X4 920

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

yes

A310 causes CTD on loading

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

no

After SU13 i was going to fly Inibuilds A310. At Orly LFPO In FMC I was going to select runway 20… That crashed freezed everting the PC also.

Many issues may be due to an outdated graphics card. Please state your Graphics Card Driver Manufacturer (NVIDIA, Intel, AMD) and Version (Learn how to find your current graphics card driver version): Latest Nvidia driver and win 11 updates

PC specs and peripheral set up:

AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core Processor 4.50 GHz
32 GB, win 11 64 bit. version 22H2
Nvidia MSI Geforce RTX 2070 super

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Yes

My processor is 10850K, the issue started after the latest world update, before that I was using the A310 normally.

Have you checked other similar topics in the support\tech talk forum ?, maybe one of them has the solution to your issue:
a310 ctd #gd-commsupport:tech-talk in:title

Maybe something to check here:

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

No

Which aircraft are you using that experiences this issue?

A310

The flight doesnt load and I get a crash to the desktop whenever I choose to fly with A310 (default)

Rtx 4060 ti (8gb) , I5 8400, 32 gb ram

Are you using DX11 or DX12?

Are you using DLSS?

Yes

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute to this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Are you using DX11 or DX12?

Are you using DLSS?

How to ensure navdata is up to date?

I tried all other suggestions with no success. I had it working normally before World Update 15, not sure though if that update has anything to do with this issue!

That point is coming in inibuildsJF post:

I understand that the navdata are automatically updated during some regular MSFS micro updates when you start the sim. I don’t think there is a manual action that you need to perform. Let’s wait for his feedback.

yes

CTD every time when loading fly now

If you have DLSS ON, try with another antialiasing setup:

Was hoping maybe it was fixed in SU14, but no. Still crashes 9 out of 10 times for me. Hit Fly - bang. Extremely frustrating. No DX12, no Frame Generation, TAA, texture resolution high. 5800x3D, 4070

1 Like

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

Yes

Loading the A310 causes a CTD randomly. Airport location, time of day, livery, graphics settings seem to have no effect on whether the CTD happens. It happens about 75% of the time after clicking the “fly” button. Empty community folder or not seems to have no effect.

Load A310, generic white livery or any custom livery and the aircraft will CTD about 75% of the time. Airport location, time of day, weather, graphics settings do not to seem to have an impact.

Many issues may be due to an outdated graphics card. Please state your Graphics Card Driver Manufacturer (NVIDIA, Intel, AMD) and Version (Learn how to find your current graphics card driver version):

Nvidia 2060super, driver version 546.29

RTX2060super, I712700k, 32gb DDR4, 4tb M.2 NVME

Fault bucket 2214139609423773566, type 4
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Since SU13, continuing to current build of SU14

Hi !
I had exactly this problem since SU12 and I found yesterday the solution (at least, it worked for me).
Probably not recommended by Asobo but, delete manually all files in the following folders (those are cache files, not deleted by clearing the rolling cache in the game menu):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Microsoft Flight Simulator\cache
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\PC
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\cache
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\SceneryCache
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\SceneryIndexes
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\DCE
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\D3DSCache
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\NVIDIA\DXCache
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\NVIDIA\GLcache
(maybe the same for AMD’s GPU cards)

A310 worked perfectly since I did that yesterday ! No crash on the first loading ^^ (and no more stutters over some sceneries)

1 Like

I found an easier solution. First load another aircraft first into an airport, then go back to the main msfs menu and then load in the a310. Works for me without any ctd.

Hmm, interestingly it worked for me on the first load, and then the next load it CTD’d. I’m even more confused now lol

Interesting ! I haven’t got any CTD since I did that… Maybe you have something (add-on) wich create cache files not supported by A310 on the next load ?

Having the same issue since SU13. Will try the load-in with another aircraft before switching back and see if it works.

That’s the weird part, this happens with or without anything in the community folder. Super frustrating…

You can try to empty ONLY ONE of the folders I wrote before, a different one before each lauch, to see wich one is solving the problem… Then you can be sure wich type of cache files is the problem… If it’s in the NVIDIA foler, for exemple, it means it’s not a FS problem but maybe a setting in the NVIDIA control center… (frame generation ? VSYNC?..)