A310 issue/freezing

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes and No

Brief description of the issue:

Requesting ATIS info using the right mcdu freezes just about everything

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Will a jpeg suffice as it’s all frozen

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Request ATIS using the right mcdu during flight

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Irrelevant

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Lastest after SU11 update

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

I was able to reproduce this error by requesting the ATIS just prior to approach on the left side MCDU

I was flying CYVR - CYYC, I queried the ATIS using the FMC just prior to approach. The MCDU screen went blank and all digital instruments froze. Analogue instruments were functioning. Switches in the cockpit were not able to be toggled. The plane basically became a giant glider.

I did not take any video or photos of this error.

I’ve had several flight deck freezes interacting with the left MCDU. Each time, a different button triggers the freeze. Clearing the secondary flight plan triggered one event. Selecting the PROG page triggered another. Adding a waypoint in F-PLN triggered a third.

All flight deck instruments freeze. Dials can turn but the corresponding numbers don’t respond. CRTs freeze. Primary altitude gauges partially freeze. The needle and least significant number wheel continues to respond to changing conditions, but the most significant number wheels and barometric number wheels freeze. Standby attitude indicator remains responsive, as well as airspeed needle and VOR compass. VOR needles in the instrument remain frozen. In the overhead, fuel pump buttons and window/probe heat buttons behave normally. The flight deck door is unresponsive. Gear lever animates but gear is unresponsive. Engine fuel cutoff switches do not respond to click interactions, but accepted commands from hardware peripherals. Autopilot CMD switch did not respond, but appears to have disconnected because the aircraft nosed-down in the climb. Auto-thrust disconnected. N1 dials and other engine parameters needles and displays froze. FCU and Thrust rating buttons animate and produce sound, but no lights or displays on the panels respond. Engines, flaps, and speed brakes responded to hardware peripherals, but did not animate externally.
Simbrief Request was stuck in Pending, a known issue, when clearing SEC F-PLN triggered the freeze. Simbrief Request status unknown in other instances.
Thank you for your efforts in solving this issue.

Others reported issues with similar symptoms on ini’s forum; “System lockup”, “system freeze”. Imagery included.

I confirm OPS observations. complete instrumentation freeze when reqesting ATIS from RH FMC

yes

same description

all command/screens are freezing, lose control of plane but the simulator not freez

Yes

CDU inputs freezing all aircraft switches and screens

Yes

The only difference is that I requested ATIS on the left MCDU.

Yes

Request ATIS using the captain mcdu during flight

Everything is frozen

I’ve had a lot of freezes (see below).

Seems like the FMS is bugged. It always freezes when I try to set up the FMC for approach to EPKT - it looks like the approach procedures for EPKT are missing and maybe that is the reason why it freezes.

To reproduce it I start cold and dark on LKMT, complete the checklist up until the FMC set up (ie. batteries are on, ground power on etc. etc.)… Now, with the INIT page filled and IRS in align, I go to the F-PLN page and select the departure from LKMT (BAVO3H), now I try to select the arrival for EPKT - I want to use BAVO3D so I select it, after I do it, the APPRS and TRANS fields are empty. To freeze the FMC all I have to do is click on APPRS - it freezes every time when I do this.

My guess is that in this case it freezes because the approach procedures for EPKT are missing from the game, but it only freezes the A310. I frequently fly to EPKT in a CJ4 and there are no approach procedures to select in the DEP/ARR page as well, but it doesn’t freeze when I try to do it.

On final approach to LPMA clicked the nearest airports key on the left mcdu

The left mcdu went blank, all digital instruments froze. Analogue instruments were functional. All switches were inoperable. After 30 sec to a minute engines wound down. I could not control the plane as i could not move the throttles.

no photos or video available

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

No

Brief description of the issue:

Aircaft don’t taxi. 1st : When loading into a flight the plane seems blocked by something. Removed GSX but it repeted. To start a flight I have to restart it 2 times to be able to taxi. Then it seems to appear right next you go to the pause menu. My plane just stopped and there is no way to move it… very annoying…

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Aicraft all set up for departure…

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Just loading into a flight or go to the pause menu and return to the flight.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Irrelevant

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Lastest

Just had this issue when trying to load up STAR and arrival to VHHX. No approach data except ILS31. All CRTs and autopilot entry and any MFD control switches frozen.

I was flying and suddenly my plane stops in air, alarms ringing, zero GS. A complete weird bug

Just had the same problem? is there no fix?

Happened to me too, just now. Shortly before TOD I requested ATIS in the MCDU. Plane was moving but all displays froze and switching buttons did not do anything, etc.

For this issue, could anyone please post a video with an active framerate (FPS) showing? Preferably, using an external addon or program that displays this FPS (not the one from devmode).

Thank you!

Does anyone know if this has been fixed with the latest update? There is another known issue with lockup when requesting secondary flightplan without primary.

./Michael

This is a known issue we have logged for investigation, and ATIS requests through FMC have been moved to the EFB using a different method, so shouldn’t crash your systems

1 Like

A310 CYOW/CYUL
FMC blank screen and overhead switches freeze after entering airway T733

yes

done an emergency landing at manchester EGCC my instruments froze up all i had was engine power i was also south of the airport when i should have been North for landing at Runway 23R had to circle to find the airport as i lost all my instruments on the panel even the lights wouldn’t turn off after landing even though the switches where off even the Autopilot switch was still on Absolutely NOTHING was clickable . please see screenshot below…