A310 - Remove unwanted liveries

Hello,

Is there a way to override the aircraft.cfg since it is encrypted (why these files get encrypted is beyond me…) in order to get rid of the unwanted liveries such as orbit and so on?

Please stop encrypting these files and let the community handle them in order to better organize their “fleet”. Thank you.

1 Like

I agree with this, I want to get rid of the world travel liveries etc because they’re not remotely how I organize and classify my liveries in the UI but for some reason Asobo/Microsoft have decided to encrypt them. I checked with Inibuilds, they said they didn’t do it.

1 Like

To get rid of liveries ( Orbit, Test Pilot etc.) that I did not want, I simply went to my content manager and deleted them. As a benefit, my MSFS now loads noticeably faster.

If this was possible with the A310, we wouldn’t be opening this topic, right?

Right.

2 Likes

Absolutely, you are absolutely correct. Feel better now ? For all the “other” liveries, I simply delete them from my content manager and continue to enjoy faster load times.

Can’t you just remove the unwanted livery folders, instead of hacking the cfg file?

If’n the livery folders are also encrypted, they can still be deleted, or moved and then deleted. If you don’t know how to do this, I’m not going to name names, as some people get a little squishy when talking about moving or deleting encrypted files. The tools to do this are free, and easily searchable…think the google. Lastly, if you still can’t figure it out, please do not DM me. I’m responsible for my personal installation of MFS, but I won’t be responsible for anyone else’s installation. There is always a risk when deleting or moving files, and that’s a risk everyone has to come to terms with on their own.