A310 squawk code

starting a flight directly on the runway, the ATC tells me to set the squawk code which is inoperative. I can’t fix it, can any good soul help me?

Hi @ManuelDif90
The 310’s transponder should be functional.
It’s located just to the right of the pilot’s comm selector on the center console. You should be able to select a view to give you access to that area, and then just use the large/small twist dials in the center of the transponder to set the squawk code. You also need to set to the left of the dials from “standby” to “Xpdr” when you want to activate it. The ident button is just to the right
and below the code dial button.
P.S. don’t put the code in I’ve got there in the screenshot! :grinning: :grinning:
Regards

1 Like

It is interesting because most other planes seem to set the transponder automatically when instructed by atc but a310 is one of the few that requires setting manually. Guess it could be considered a bug or a feature depending whether you prefer setting yourself.

1 Like

Agree. Think this is the only one I’ve run across that hasn’t automatically set the transponder if you start on the runway!

I’ve had a similar issue with this.Cold and Dark at gate.Impute my plan,start her up,taxi to and take off .After take off ATC say something like your transponder is not working change to squawk such and such.Only aircraft that does it.Can be really annoying.

2 Likes

I threw a comment on the official A310 thread, so we’ll see if it generates a response.
Regards

2 Likes

thanks a lot…one last question…where can i see the frequency of the ils of the track?

The A310 is different from other aircraft. All inputs have to be done manually inside the cockpit. Radio frequency. Sqawk codes. Even flight planning has to be done using the FMC. It was modelled that way for a more realistic experience

Am I the only one having the issue to enter the 2 last digits, after 77 it goes to the next hundred skiping 78 to 99 ?

Transponder codes are actually octal codes rather than decimal numbers. As a result, only numbers 0-7 are valid numbers.
Regards

1 Like

■■■■ , so it was a bug in MsFs … ATC gave me something like 5386 Sqawk after not returning messages … maybe it’s a special code to activate auto-destruc XD

1 Like

I think they just assumed people would just hit the comm button to accept it and move on. As far as I’ve seen, they haven’t started a code with 8 or 9, so that might at least be right. Just another of numerous issues they’ll need to address whenever ATC gets a full treatment. I don’t envy anyone working on that part of the sim.
Regards

Please bear with me.Starting A-310 in Cold & Dark mode.After putting on batteries and Ext. PWR.and moving to ATC,drop-down template only gives options for various ways to depart. Straight out,remain in pattern or depart N,S,E or W.It further gives taxi clearance til holding position and then clearance for T/O.Thereafter there is total silence till one lands manually or with A/P and ILS.On landing it comes alive once one has landed and requests for taxi to gates.

Conversely with A-320 for instance,drop-down template is same.However after Flight Plan input an additional line appears providing for IFR clearance for instrument FP.Prompt clearance is given for destination city,T/O runway,predetermined altitude,Dep. frequency and Squawk No.Thereafter relevant altitude instructions,waypoints,descent and relevant instructions for ILS approach with distance/ direction to airport and clearance for landing.On landing instructions for taxing and gate.

Just to mention have followed advise of members regarding the matter including turning up VHF volumes.

Regret the lengthy submission but needed to explain as feel this bug has not been sorted out fully.

Would like to add to my preceding message that Flight Plan is also created in the MCDU of A-310.Despite that no provision of IFR clearance and instrument FP.I am on Xbox platform.