A320 A321 and A330 Pulling to the right on takeoff

Did you use live weather during the test, or did you manually delete the wind layers?

Live weather.

Suggest not to use live weather and delete the wind layers to rule out crosswind.

Ok so, one full reinstall later and still getting the same issue. Hard pull to the right. im at a total loss. Could this be a duff stick?

even on an clear and calm weather? It could be an sidestick hardware issue, but you did say you removed the rudder axis binding from the Twist Z axis of the sidestick. So that shouldnā€™t affect anything.

With the wind levels deleted, have you tested if this happens with other aircraft as well?

This happens to me, quite often, in the A320 and B787. I have a Thrustmaster T. HOTAS One (no rudder pedals) but Iā€™ve always assumed itā€™s either a calibration setting issue OR itā€™s the wind pushing the AC to the right.

If the wind is from the right and your aircraft turns to the right, itā€™s a 99% chance that itā€™s not a calibration issue.

Easy to confirm. Turn around on and takeoff into the opposite direction.
If your aircraft still turns to the right, itā€™s a hardware issue.

And in the video posted by the OP you can clearly see the wind from the right by using the rain on the windshield, so it does appear to be related to the excessive crosswind effect issue.

So, I have taken all of your information onboard and have done a couple of additional tests. Firstly as requested, i set the weather to clear no wind. Plane taxied and took off with no issues.
Secondly with everything configured as it was (All Set to Live) i went to the desert. Nice quiet spot in america. Again took off no issues at all.
Went to manual for part of the flight and no yoke issues.
So you guys may be right in the crosswind theory. My original flight was from EGCC and it has been rather wet here today but not windy. I will however try another flight from EGCC tomorrow.
For now tho please accept my greatest thanks for the replies and guidence.

2 Likes