A320 Autpilot - Altitude Not Working Properly

I’ve been having an issue the last few days where, after enabling autopilot on the A320, the plane starts to gain altitude rapidly, then decrease altitude rapidly again and again. So bacially the plane goes up and down, up and down…for seemingly no reason.

I don’t think this issue was present before the most recent hotfix last week. Is anyone else having this issue? Any ideas on fixes perhaps?

I am sorry to say, but you most likely not operating the aircraft correctly. What you did wrong is hard to say with the little info given. Maybe post a screenshot.

This document here (even it is for the A32NX) and eg 320 Simpilot or Easyjet Simpilot YouTubes will help you
https://docs.flybywiresim.com/pilots-corner/beginner-guide/overview/

Also check what is happening on PFD/ND with the wind direction and speed and also airplane speed.
There is an known issue (I don’t if was resolved) that the airplane starts to behave strange at certain altitudes in live weather.

So for example I’ll set my altitude to 38000ft. I’ll take off as normal, then engage autopilot. Not too long after engaging it the plane starts to rapidly gain altitude (4000ft/min). Then, after just a few seconds of gaining altitude, the nose dips suddenly and I start to loose altiitude. The process then repeats - so the plane ends up going up and down.

Everything else functions normally and I haven’t made any changes to the way I fly, so I’m not sure what’s caused it. I’ve had some other issues with my Xbox controller causing the game to freeze - both after the recent hotfix, I’m wondering if it’s that.

Can be all kinds of pilot errors … just a wild guess from your little description. If operated correctly the plane does not do that.

Take a look at the docu, which I linked and or post screenshots or even better a short video.

Can you check in your General Options → Flight Model. Make sure it’s set to Modern. Don’t use Legacy.

Also, in your Assistance settings, make sure they’re all set to Hard/True to Life to turn them all off as a starting point. Then if you need graphical assist like Taxi Ribbon, etc. You can enable it one thing at a time. But keep the rest of the base assist to be Hard/True to Life. This is to prevent the sim from taking over and doing things to your aircraft without you knowing.

1 Like

Thanks - all sorted now it seems :slight_smile:

Hi everyone,
I actually have not a probleme only on the Altitude showing on the A320NX from Flybywire…
the WHOLE Autopilot simply closes/scratches, 2 minutes after take off; no further activation possible.
Did you already have such big bug with this aircraft?
Many thanks #autopilot

I think the MSFS game is getting hacked and controlled by somebody else. I flew from Daytona to Charlette in the A320neo American. Using my star route on autopilot as was the case yesterday landing at a Non-Star RWY…all of a sudden the plane stops descending and the rate needed to intercept the ILS glide scope. This is causing the aircraft to be too high above the intercept and causing a missed approach. The other thing is on this approach…not only did the plane stop descending at the appropriate rate of descent but all of a sudden the plane jetted up to 10,000ft. when I needed to be at 2400. This is an ongoing issue. It’s as if somebody is hacked into my computer and taking over the flight controls in a deliberate attempt to jack up my landings and flights. I’m really annoyed and irritated over it.

Next thing…I bought a Livery pack. Downloaded. It says its been installed but nowhere to be found. I’ve gone into the download folder…everything. No matter what I do the planes do not appear in my library yet it shows installed. I’ve watched every YouTube video and done everything humanly possible to get them to appear. Nothing works. This is happening with other addons as well. This purchase was made in the marketplace so I’m surprised it won’t appear. The other was an addon from a sight with the same result…no show in my library yet shows installed. I’m so ■■■■■■ off and irritated over all this ■■■■. This program for the money spent should be relaible and work.