A320 climbing issue

When i start my climb, it’s completely fine, but at some point my climb gets slower and slower. And at one point it stops climbing, and i can’t increase speed. Any suggestions?
Yes, im a noob :slight_smile:

Oh, and im using the FBW mod.

Which version? Stable, development or experimental?

How far and how fast you can climb depends on your payload. With what little info you provide, it could be realistic behaviour.

Hi! Thanks for answering! I use the “experimental” version.

Hi! Thanks for answering! I use simbrief, and it automatically fills out the payload. So idk really.

Hi @GhastlyPlot4253,
I’ve moved your topic into #third-party-addon-discussion:aircraft
This sub-category is for discussion of 3rd Party Aircraft.
Thank you!

Ok, im sorry :smile:

1 Like

Simbrief does not change the actual payload of your aircraft in the sim!

You need to set that up manually, either using the weight & fuel screen or the ATSU payload screen on the MCDU!

Ok, thanks i’ll try it

easyjetsimpilot on YouTube is a nice fellow with some A320neo tutorials.

He will get you up to speed.

EDIT: Corrected the name.

I’ll check him out :wink:

Can you recommend which video should i watch, to solve this problem?

All of them

2 Likes

It’s hard to know where your issue comes from, because you provided no details.

The videos will make you more familiar with the A320 in general, introduce the systems and show you the common workflow when you prepare a flight.

The FBW A320 is increasing the realism, especially the experimental build. It’s not a fly-away aircraft and needs some effort to use correctly.

1 Like

Ok, thank you!

Please ensure you use the modern flight model!

1 Like

I don’t think this has been asked yet but HOW are you climbing? Manually? Managed Climb? Open Climb? Where are the thrust levers? TOGA? CLIMB?

If you are unsure or not sure why you are using one way vs. another, hearing what you are doing may help others help you sort this out. The FBW model climbs very well if you are setup correctly and using the automation as it’s intended. As others have suggested. You have to learn the A320 if you want to fly it other than just playing around.

Im using managed climb, the thrust levers are in CLB.
Okay, i already watched a few videos :slight_smile:

Nice! So great would next check weights as others have suggested. Basically the heavier you are the less rate of climb you can expect as you get into the high 20s flight levels. 60-70T is a well loaded A320 and your max altitude may be somewhere around FL320-FL340. Fly higher and you simply won’t have the pe4formance.

What altitude are you noticing the slowing ? For sure check weights and if nothing else, remove and reinstall the latest FBW Ezperimental version.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.