A320 flaps issue

Use flap 1 for take off every thing is fine. Using flaps to land makes A320 climb so i been landing hard with spoiler. Anybody else has this issue Knot about 170. version 1.10.8.0

I may be wrong (and happy to be corrected) but that sounds a bit High on speed for landing. I personally land about 150 with full flaps.

1 Like

Your approach speed and flaps reference speed will depend on how you set up your INIT page in the MCDU at the start of the flight.

Make sure you enter the proper parameters like Cost Index (CI), cruising altitude, ZFW/ZFWCG, and Fuel Block.

Once all of these values are entered correctly, the MCDU will calculate your take-off and approach flaps refence speed and approach speed at the end of the flight. This would only work if you set your FCU to use Managed Airspeed mode, and let your thrust lever set to CL mode (which is where it should be for the entirety of the flight).

On managed mode, when you fly below 10,000 ft, it’ll automatically slows down to 250 knots. When you enter the Approach phase, it’ll automatically slows down to the green dot speed. when you extend the flaps, the autopilot will target a slower airspeed, and the more you extend, the slower it’ll get. So you won’t be experiencing a climb since you’ll be slowing down.

Don’t extend the flaps while maintaining speed in selected mode. Either use managed mode to slow down automatically, or you slow down first using selected mode, and extend the flaps at the same time as you slow down.

Usually when I use the default 50% fuel loadout on a 2 hour flight. I approach at about 126 knots on full flaps.

Check the flight model setting. If the airplane is climbing dramatically when you select flaps,it sounds like you are using the legacy flight model. Be sure the flight model is set to modern. And land with full flaps or Conf 3.

Thanks switched to Modern mode everything worked fine.

Can you tell me where i can change these setting?

Sure . Go into your simulator options menu and select the “General” window. Select “Flight Model” in the list of categories on the left hand side. Verify that the “Modern” flight model is selected. If it is not, use the arrow tabs to the left and right of the flight model listed to select the modern flight model.

1 Like