A320 Neo (FBW) Development version After Hotfix

Hmm… I think the first thing I noticed is that your ILS frequency isn’t tuned in. So when you were approaching the magenta diamon on the LS bar never appears. So you might need to check on the ILS frequency and make sure they’re tuned into the right one in the NAV RAD page.

And another thing I realised is you might have forgot to retard the throttle back to IDLE on time. It should be IDLE at the “Retard” call out and bringing it back to IDLE would automatically disengage the A/THR. When you touched down, the A/THR is still on which is why it spools again to float the aircraft.

Have a check on your flight model setting, double check to make sure it’s set to modern, and not legacy.
Then check all your assists as well. Make sure they’re Hard/True to Life.

And try out the Custom FBW version instead of the Dev. Maybe you have better luck there.

1 Like

Of course, I always put in the QNH, temp and wind speed in the PERF APPR page in the MCDU , but as I said depending on the winds I like to get a feel for the aircraft
Now if I was crabbing on approach due to severe crosswinds that would determine at what altitude and minimums to turn off AP as I would have to inject a rudder input just before touchdown to line up the aircraft on the centre line , but I take your point :slightly_smiling_face:

As Neo said , I doesn’t look like you tuned your ILS into NAV RAD , you should also be in LS mode in the rose mode but yours is in ARC plus I though you were too fast and too high,causing too many last minute strong inputs, so check that you have the ILS fix first
I suggest taking on board what Neo said and also a tutorial you tube video of A320 sim pilot on landing approaches, once you have got the information apply it to a few touch and goes
Best wishes, it is a lot to take in , but keep practicing, as long as you understand the approach concepts it will come to you for smooth touchdowns in the future :grinning:

Thanks to your input, I finally landed OK, viz.

And I still have a couple of questions:

1. The “Pilot” is waving some kind of mirror around. Any way to get rid of that distraction?
  2. Where can I get the Experimental version of the A320 Neo FBW?

Thanks!

There is the stable version, dev version and custom version…you download the a32nx downloader from the githup intsall it, then you load it it should give you 3 options to which one you want to download

Can you show me in which part of that video where this is happening? Just tell us which time in the video to jump to.

That is the old installer version 0.7. They’ve updated the installer to the new version months ago. The current one is 1.0.5. You can get it here: https://api.flybywiresim.com/installer

At 9:46 you can see this (looks like a rear-view mirror?):

Ahh that… That’s something to do with your “camera” placement. Since the Pilot is fully rendered as a full body, this includes the head and the face. So if your camera is slightly “behind” the sunglasses, it would be visible.

For me though, the default camera placement in the A32NX Custom version is placed appropriately to be in front of the pilot face, so the sunglasses doesn’t phase through to the camera.

My suggestion is, Try to go to your General Options, under Camera. And reset everything there to default. Then open your top menu bar, and go to Camera settings, and reset the position in there as well. What we want is to change the default position of the camera to be exactly where the A32NX designer intended.

If you have other mods that changes the camera, you might need to remove it since that would be conflicting.

Worst case scenario, is that you’d have to turn off the Pilot side model.

I clicked on the Installer, viz.

But then I got a very cumbersome black/white page, not an Installer like the old one

Yeah, that’s the correct one. You just need to close MSFS for you to be able to install the A32NX.

Thanks…problem solved

After the update, my screens are dark. How do I turn on Electrical power?

Solved…new update to FBW issued today.

Anyone have fps issues with the FBW Neo about 1 hour into flight…?almost feels like the PC RUNS OUT OF MEMORY, plane bobs up and down and hard to get control. Stutters start to happen? Abort flight only solution?

I have not seen this based on time of flight. I have seen the bob up and down but this is only noticeable if I increase the time frame. Regarding fps drop, try clearing your cache, exiting FS and restarting it. I had a few weird things that were cleared up with resetting cache after installing update 5.