A320 Neo Radio Comms => Cold and Dark

Radio Comms on the A320 Neo.

I can switch the frequency when on standby but as soon as I switch the frequency from StandBy to Activate, I can’t turn the knob anymore so I can’t switch the frequency manually. I had to abort my flight on Vatsim.

My A.I settings manage comms = OFF

Assitance mode = True to life

I know I didn’t fully started the Aircraft but even when the plane is ready to taxi it does the same thing.

EDIT : I tried to spawn on the runway with the aircraft ready to take off and it does the same thing, I can’t switch once I activate it from standby

Video => MSFS2020 - A320 Neo Radio Comms Bug Version 1.12.13.0 - YouTube

Hi i have also the same Problem

2 Likes

Thank you for the reply. I was wondering If I was alone with this bug…

There is no way I can play on vatsim with the A320 Neo if I can’t switch radio freq…

I guess it’s not a common bug since there is only 2 votes

I am seeing the same problem and found that we change freq in vPilot by typing in messages .com1 FREQ NUMBER and press enter. ie .com1 128.25 or .com2 128.25

I just cant get pushback to work either as isnt not changing it manually either. hope they get this fixed.

1 Like

I have the same issue, and it’s not just changing it manually using the nobs that won’t work for me. I can’t change the frequency via the ATC window either

1 Like

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game and the problem persists. I even tried to change frequencies without flying with vPilot and just using the built in ATC and the issue is still there.

I would like to add, I was watching EasyJetSimPilot do a live flight today and he didn’t have this issue, he was using the FlyByWire A320 though whereas I am using the A320 that comes with the game.

Welcome to the community. I am attempting to do get FlyByWire installed and working to replace the base A320. 320 Sim Pilot uses it, and doesn’t appear to have any issues. This is definitely a bug that just causes extra headaches making sure vPilot accepts your com change. I will check out EasyJetSimPilot.

Same problem for me

Seems that several instruments (Asobo A320) are not working anymore now.

• The Radio Switch can only be used once
  • Caution lights do not show up anymore
  • Wipers can only once be switched on
  • Speed brake is not retracted sometimes, even if returning to RET position during roll out automatically
  • Sometimes the Anti-Ice system is inactive suddenly: After landing one finds a “frozen” airplane covered with ice (while Anti Ice is still ON), sometimes in flight frozen pitots cause loss of speed (while Anti Ice is still ON, too). This problem seems to be handled by turning all Anti Ice OFF and ON during flight for several times.
1 Like

So I downloaded FlyByWire 320nx and wow it works a lot better. I can at least I can change the pilot side radios now. All 3 coms work fine and swap fine. The Co-Pilot is just a mirrored image of Pilot side, and is not independent. The AP is still off some, but works better than before.

2 Likes

Glad to hear it worked. I really hope MS fixes this issue though because the flybywire a320 is a little too advanced for me. I know there are tutorials and procedures on how to use the flybywire a320 but I’m still getting my feet wet learning this aircraft.

I also downloaded A320NX by FlyByWire and this aircraft is 100x better than the vanilla one.

Thx mate! I can now enjoy vatsim again :slight_smile:

1 Like

highly recommend go watch 320 sim pilot on yt if you have questions. He goes in detail on the hows/whys you do different procedures with the plane.

1 Like

Yes this is very frustrating issue. You can’t even switch the radio via the ATC menu options…you try to switch and it flashes as though it switches but reverts back to the stuck active freq. I’ve had to use Radio 2 and 3 until those lock up

I think they fixed it on the last patch today

can confirm this has yet to be fixed…

Concur…latest update did not fix this COMM issue

if you use the 320nx plane than the radio on pilot side does work correctly. However, you still have to watch the comms if you are on Vatsim. I tend to use Com1 for pushback and then centers/towers. Com2 I will use for UNICOM and ground

Same problem here.

I can’t believe the amount of bugs the developers cause after fixing previous bugs. They’re just creating more and more bugs. It’s crazy.

What kind of issue are you experiencing? I may be able to help you. I finally fixed the issue especially with using VATSIM. Let me know if you need help.