A320 Throttling Issues

From time to time, I have issues with the A320 throttle acting up, both with A/T on and off. On the takeoff role when moving into full throttle it does spool up then half way down the runway it cuts way back, then accelerates back and forth spastically. This is the while that I have my Saitek at full throttle. I have this problem on Final as well where I just can’t get the throttle to even out. Back and forth constantly. I tried A/T on and off several times, and reinstalling the FBW version stable and Dev with no luck. The default A320 acts the very same way after uninstalling the FBW version. Any help would be appreciated.

Do a few housekeeping checks:

1. Set Flight model to Modern, not legacy.
  2. Set all assists to Hard/True to Life.
  3. Make sure your AI Copilot Control is set to Off at all times.
  4. Add deadzones to all your axis.

Once you done all that and it’s still having issues. It sounds like you have some phantom inputs coming from somewhere that feeds throttle reduction commands to the sim. Either coming from a keyboard input, or something duplicated from your controls that does the same thing.

When the engines cut the way back, look at your throttle quadrant. Is it moving back as well? or is it just the engine spool? Check if your FMA is set to MAN TOGA mode with SRS active.

Thank you for the quick reply Neo. Found the culprit was a duplicate binding.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.