A320 - Which PNG (and where in it) effects the metal around the cockpit glass

I cannot figure this one out - A lot of airlines paint their entire aircraft, but leave the metal around the cockpit glass the natural silver color.

I cannot for the life of me figure out which PNG and where on it this is represented. I do mine in blender at this point and then touch up in photoshop, but I’ve spent hours trying to figure out where the edges of the cockpit glass are located.

Does anyone know where this is located?

It’s not hard to find where they’re located. But here’s a hint:
Open Blender and import your project.
Go to Layout window and select the group of objects where the windshields are assigned to (usualy Fuselage).
Then, zoom in to a window, select the tool Edit Mode and you will see the mesh of it.
Click and select all the edges.
Now the magic happens:
Go to Texture Paint and you will see where the meshes are located in the PNG file.
Just paint over them in the PNG, so you don’t mess the other objects.

Cheers.

1 Like

Ah thank you! I completely forgot about selection against the mesh. I’m still a bit of a newbie at Blender.

1 Like

As a followup for you since you seem knowledgable - I cannot get the engines to import with the blender plugin (I now they’re still working on it).

But if this is the case, folks are somehow importing them because I’ve seen enough liveries now with text on the engines that’s perfect which you would have to warp and guess if you did it directly on the mesh PNGs manualy.

Make shure you have MSFSToolkit plugin enabled before importing the default A320N model.
Click on Import, and select MSFS glTF option to import.
Always import the highest model resolution possible: i.e. the file A320_NEO_LOD00.gltf
Look carefuly if all Objects are visible, and then hide the ones you don’t need. The Reactors (engines) should be there.

NOTE: Importing the model from the game folder, you will guet a messy project. But don’t worry, just hide those unneeded objects and you’ll be fine.

1 Like

I’m good on that piece luckily, thank you!

It’s just that the engines weren’t included in the LOD 00 for whatever reason. I just recently found someone who put the entire A320 together (correctly too) here: A320 NEO Complete 8K Paintkit for Blender and Photoshop » Microsoft Flight Simulator

1 Like

Happy to know you’re getting the skils. :wink:
That Paintkit is the same I’m using doe to the same reasons as you. LOL!

Cheers.

1 Like

Haha good to hear - no freakin way was I going to reorient all of the pieces and group them together for the UV meshes. I’ll leave that to the pros!