A320N stall due to icing while anti ice systems switched on

At about 20.000 ft massive icing of the A320N started. OK, this problem is known. But this time the speed decreased constantly and finally I started to loose altitude rapidly.

All anti-ice systems were ON, including probe heat. I switched it OFF and ON again, but it didn’t work.

Can someone help or made the same experience?

Could it be due to the recent update?

Icing in the sim is incredibly unrealistic. If you’re having problems with icing you can enable dev mode via the settings menu and under the options drop down there will be a visual icing slider. Slide this to zero and your ice will disappear.

A workaround but certainly not a fix.

Edit: Clarity

You can also disable icing altogether via the assistance options.

No, you can’t completely disable it. The setting “visual only” still has impact on performance of the aircraft.
It’s pretty ridiculous that this issue still hasn’t been addressed, but it might be in Sim Update 3. Let’s hope for the best.

That’s not what i’ve experienced. In my experience if you remove the visual ice during descent you descent rate will increase, indicating that the aircraft is more slippery without the visual ice.

Exactly as I said, even “visual only” icing affects your performance. And you can’t turn it off in the assistance options at the moment.

My apologies i misread your previous post.

1 Like

I got icing warning at 25,000 ft here. But I survived after turning them all on. The icing effect is as ridiculously excessive as always, but as long as I keep my anti-icing on, it doesn’t affect my performance at all.

Thank you for your replies.

Seems the problem is hard to solve.

@Neo4316 I had the anti-ice systems switched when the problem occured. Switching them on and off didn’t help at all, unfortunately.

Then there’s probably something else causing it.