A320n training missions - Instructor voice speaks in other languages with English pronunciation

Since the new A320neo training missions were implemented, the instructor voice only speaks English but reads for example German text.
This results in unintelligible gibberish at times, because sometimes it can actually say the German word just sounding like it has an accent but other times (most of the time) it butchers and rips apart the word completely, so that you can’t identify anything from the context.

Game’s set to German, sound to Azure, Windows also set to German as primary language.
It feels like again nobody tested it.
Feels like carelessness again.

Hi,

I remember me at the horrible German-English Mix.

It was gone for a while, but I’am not 100% sure because I use since a long time the Text2Speach=Windows-Offline setting. Possible you can try.

EDIT: I forgot to mention the result: I’am now at 100% english.

Thats terrible… I am facing the same issue, but with a “portuguese-english pronunciation”. Try to add the subtitles at options. Read is better than try to understand the ununderstandable

I don’t understand how this product can still have such baby issues that result simply from a lack of testing effort.
It’s so frustrating.
Judging by the issues the game still has we haven’t even left Alpha

@MorolTheDuddles and @Lemo1991

have you tried the Text2Speach=Windows-Offline Setting in meanwhile ?

It is a “baby try” , as Lemo it would say, but possible it helps.

Having the same issue on a German system. Switching to “Windows offline” text-to-speech does not help, it still tries to pronounce the words as English which results in total gibberish.

Turning on subtitles is a good workaround for now.

I have same issue. Make a post on it whit a video.

My native languige is italian. He is talking italian, whith an english accent. He speak in your languige. The problem is that he said as english. :sweat_smile: Quite funny no?! :joy:

Yep, that don’t sound right! :frowning:
Is that from a local voice pack or Azue?

This is a windows voice pack…

I’ve never looked at this before, but are there voice packs you can download in other languages - for you Italian? Or would that not work for the rest of MSFS?

I have install english and italian languages. My sim languages is italian. In All the other lessons from the flight school he talk correctly in english. This problem is only on the take off and landing lessons. Tomorrow i will try to set english version and see what append…

1 Like

I just looked. There is an Italian voice pack (male and female) for Windows. Have you tried that? It would seem if that installed, it should be able to read the Italian text file.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/how-to-download-text-to-speech-languages-for-windows-10-d5a6b612-b3ae-423f-afa5-4f6caf1ec5d3

I also have German (de-de) and English (en-US) voice packs installed in Windows, and am having the same issue. Anyway, since the issue happens also with the Azure text-to-speech setting, it seems unlikely that it is related to any local Windows settings.

Ah! OK
So still does not work using a Germain voice pack and having MSFS also German?

Yes and i have Cosimo voice, and i have alredy set it up for text-to-speech… :sob:

Yes, that was the one I found. Interesting.

Make sure you all file a zendesk on this and up vote this topic.

Logically, how it should work, is an Italian voice pack should be able to read an Italian text file. :thinking:

1 Like

Thanks for now, I keep you updated :wink:

1 Like

Yep, already filed a ZenDesk ticket on January 1st. Definitely an issue of the game.

1 Like

I don’t know what I’ve done, but suddenly the game is mixing Spanish and English.

I have the game in Spanish (not voices of course because is not dubbed, but the texts and subtitles) but now the instructor voice is speaking Spanish instead of English, but with English voice/accent!

I only want the texts and subtitules in Spanish but the instructor speaking English…

Thanks for pointing this out - reported to QA.