A320Neo Engine Shut Down inflight, recurring issue

Hi everybody, first post here…I made a search and couldn’t find any similar thread about this issue.
Summarized : I fly on a daily basis when I’m off work ( work in shifts ). After returning home from last shift, I made the usual updates. I use a “middle class” MSI Stealth 15M with Nvidia 3060 Card, and I only have one “app” or third party add on, which is Aerosoft Simple Traffic Tool. Everything was working fine before my return / updates, dozens of uneventful flights.
I only fly the A320Neo, following all the ICAO Rules and airline SOP, Check List, etc. In the configuration, I have all the failures that you can “program” in the setup page deactivated, also the feature that detects “damage” in the engine due to abnormal use just in case, in other words, I have not configured anything that can affect my engines and should not flame out !
However, in the last 3 consecutive flights, I had the engine # 2 shut down inflight during cruise at FL360/380. Two of the three times I was able to successfully relight the engine following the procedures, the other time I had to land immediately with a single engine in the nearest suitable airport.
So, the two million dollar questions :

1. Is anyone else having this same issue with engines lately?
    And
  2. Any advice, solution or suggestion about how to fix this? I mean, all the configuration options are “protecting” the engines but I still have this issue…
    Any comment will be appreciated! Thanks in advance!!

I have had this happen to me 3 times. I have no idea why and did nothing different from the 3 flights versus any other flight. Two times I was able to restart the engines and fly to my destination.

I should add that the 3 flights occurred over about 3 months.

First of all I’ll try again removing the third party add-on.The fact that it was doing well before SU14 doesn’t mean that it is fine after the up-dates.It is s worth a try.
Then I’ll check the fuel tanks that feeds that engine…
Flying at these altitudes also check the fuel temperature…If too low you get engine performance problems.I don’t know which is the A320 min temp acceptable but a manual POW should mention it.If the temp is too low just reduce the FL maybe to FL250.I did that once on a flight but I don’t recall the plane.

The only flight problem I have encountered after SU 14 was flying on default B747 on a long haul over the States and after more than 1 hour the engines were loosing power and the plane was slowing descending. I couldn’t figure out the culprit and decided to quit. Relaunched the same flight after a few minutes and everything was fine eventually.

Hi, thank you for your feedback. I did the add on removal. Actually, my second incident was without any third party product at all. Regarding temperature, I thought could be a factor since incidents 1 and two were flying near Iceland and near Hudson Bay, but the third one was enroute to Hawaii at midday…and plenty of remaining fuel too, fuel pumps working fine, generators, voltage, everything fine…and all of a sudden, just shut down. Timewise, It happens randomly, fortunately always at cruise level, but can happen after 45 minutes or after 2 and a half hours. In the past I made some flights over very cold places ( e.g. Svalbard to Barrow ) without issues.

Hi , It’s definitely a bugs feast after SU14. I faced 3 different new type of weird problems (I mentioned them in the forum on other threads) and , relaunching the sim ,same flight plan everything was fine eventually. So we cannot blame ourselves or our install but…the servers or,maybe, the data transfers between servers and our install.
Who knows…we’ll never know I believe.

We’ve moved your topic into the User Support Hub.

The Bug Reporting Hub is for posting suspected or confirmed bugs that other users are able to reproduce.
Using the template is required in order to provide valuable information, feedback, and replication steps to our test team.

If you are not sure if your issue is a bug or need further input from the community, please use the User Support Hub category. If the community can replicate your issue, first search the Bug category to see if there’s an existing topic. If it already exists, contribute to that report. Duplicate bug reports will be closed.

If you believe it is a new report, then create a new bug topic using the provided topic template.

All issues caused by or involving third-party addons/mods should be reported to the third-party developer. Assure that no addons/mods are used when reporting issues in Bug Reports.

This just started happening to me. Airbus A320-200 NEO default plane and livery, no addons installed.
Engine 2 was gone when I left my computer for about 23 minutes. At cruise altitude and proper speed. I noticed when I returned that ATC had been pinging me to expedite my climb to altitude. The altitude I had been cruising at for about 2 hours. I I had lost over 12 thousand feet but the plane seemed to be stable at about 180 airspeed. I landed at the nearest airport that could take the plane. Annoying yet exciting. Looking forward with unrealistic optimisum to the release of MSFS (2024)
See you in the sky!

@DArmastrong, I’ve experienced this a couple of times too in exactly the same way, including yesterday. I had come out of VR and later back into VR. I restarted engine 2 in flight and carried on for the rest of the flight including switching in and out of VR.

I have this same problem. However, the plane I mainly fly with is the A320CEO. One of the engines shuts down randomly on every flight (only once, but it could be begin or middle of the flight). I’ve been wondering about this behavior for months and have tried searching the internet for a solution, but so far I haven’t found one.