A320NX Custom

Hi,
I am using the Custom A320NX since I have the TM TCA throttles and sidestick.
I usually hand fly between 5000 and 8000 feet and then engage the A/P. As of lately, after engaging the A/P the airplane banks hard right 45 degrees and flies circles. The ND shows the next (correct) way point, but the A/C will not fly to it.
So I use the DIR function to the next way point, but the A/C still flies in circles. I then use the DIR function again to the following way point and usually this time the A/C will follow the route.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Juergen Mader

Common User Problems

• Autopilot sharp banking or nosediving:
    • Increase your hardware deadzones to 10% or above

Also please move your thread to Aircraft - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Hi Watsi01,
Any hardware in particular. I fly with:
THrustMaster TCA Sidestick & Throttles; Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder and a Boeing type Tiller?
Thanks
Juergen Mader

Many controlers are having kind of a “noise” when in idle position or not moved. The autopilot of MSFS is not able to handle it. So just check your sensivity settings of all your controllers and adjust the deadzones to 5-10% (depends on how much the according axis is “flickering”). With some older controlers it could be even more…

Thanks,
will test tomorrow morning and report back.
Thanks
Juergen Mader

It also depends on the SID you fly. For example, for me, regardless of which version of A32NX I use, if I depart from Kathmandu, it always banks and flies in circle.

But on most airports, they’re fine. Even if I use dev, or experimental, or stable.

I tried with and without SID. After I engage the A/P the A/C banks or pitches “violently”. I tried to engage the A/P after passing 500feet, the A/P holds course to the next way point (as is shown in the FMC and the ND) and then starts to bank and fly in circles.
This has been pretty consistent in my last few flights.
Thanks for help
Juergen Mader

Hmm… okay…

I’ve encountered a similar problem. The aircraft follows the flight plan perfectly all the way to the final waypoint of the STAR. Instead of. Continuing on into the approach phase the APP turns the aircraft back to the first waypoint of the flight plan - regardless if it is the first waypoint of the SID or the first waypoint of the flight plan. Is this also a deadzone issue? This started yesterday after I updated the A32NX.

1 Like

Check your VFR map, what’s the position of the magenta line? But then again, depends on what your approach after the STAR is? Is it on ILS approach? or VOR, or RNAV?

Because technically, once the STAR is completed, you should be in a position to commit to whichever final approach assigned to you. Otherwise, it go to a missed approach and go around.

One thing I forgot to mention:
I fly with my friend and he flies the A320NX stable version (he doesn’t have the TM TCA Sidestick and THrottle).
Absolutely no such problem with that aircraft.
Thanks
Juergen Mader

The last waypoint problem has been around since the beginning. Go into heading mode and set yourself on a course to intercept the ILS and no problem.

The other issues sound to me like a definite deadzone problem. You can also gently move the stick to the left or right and “jiggle” it back on course. I notice this a lot in the 787, more than the FBW.

In general, the custom FBW is exceptional in most versions- I prefer it to the development one. But every now and then a glitch pops up after an update.

Could be that your friend already adjusted the deadzones.

the stable is old now- you won’t get a lot of the new features. Development is usually good. Custom is my preferred choice. They always update the custom a few hours after the development version, but sometimes both will have a glitch or a bug. I usually save a copy of the last working custom/dev version so I can roll back if the latest one isn’t working right.

No, my friend does not fiddle with the controls.
I will test my dead zones tomorrow morning (flight from KMIA to KMGM) and report back
Thanks for all the help
Juergen
Saving a copy of a working A/C might be a good idea!

Hi,
After the adjustment (dead zones to 10%) the flight this morning went w/o a problem. A/P engaged and it followed the route all the way.
Thanks for all the help
Juergen

1 Like