A320nx FBW RNAV approach

Hi there,

did something change when it comes to RNAV approaches in A320? APP button became inop (not activating) when I choose other than ILS approach.

I swear I did RNAV landing before but maybe the lastest big autopilot update in dev version changed the thing?

RNAV is not supported yet in the dev version, cause of the lack of VNAV.

https://docs.flybywiresim.com/start/autopilot-fbw/

2 Likes

Since the A320NX is standalone RNAV does not work anymore. We have to wait til the VNAV release that should be coming soon.

1 Like

Thank you very much - I did not fly for a while so its new information for me. All clear :slight_smile:

1 Like

For the moment, use the charts for the RNAV timing on when to start the descent, and use the FPA mode to descent down to the runway.

Yeah, exactly what I did when I realized that on final :smile:

That explains it. I had a horrible RNAV landing last time. Could have sworn I had done RNAV before in the 320NX but perhaps not.

In the “old” dev version (using the MSFS default autopilot), there was RNAV working. But with the new custom autopilot and fbw, we can’t handle RNAV until VNAV is implemented.

1 Like

This now all makes some sense. Thought I was going mad !

1 Like

As for now, January 3rd, 2022 , did they fix it , should RNAV work now?
Thanks

No, they are working on LNAV. RNAV does not work yet.

Thank you. Did they say when it would be fixed or are they waiting for Asobo to fix the LNAV?

They programm her own navigation system. You can now test it in the experimental version. It is the second version. Difference is massiv.

As I know from a stream with some of the developers they need to finish LNAV before they can do RNAV. So I think it will take a while.

Thank you
I rather wait for the stable version that they would release with that feature. With all the performance issues going with MFS the less experimental the better for me at this point.
But good to know

Anyone know if the development version is rnav capable?