A32nx almost fully working in VR with vr controllers

Hi, first of all, amazing work on this aircraft. Beats many payware aircraft by far!

I think the only things that are making this aircraft fully functional in vr is the ipad interaction and the push/pull for selected/managed autopilot mode.

1. For the ipad interaction, there’s a invisible glass over it preventing the raycasting from hitting the screen. This affects the mouse cursor too. I can still interact with the ipad if “predict” where the raycasting endpoint is but its a pain.

2. There is currently no way to push or pull the autopilot knobs with the VR controller. Consider letting us use secondary and tertiary cockpit interactions to push pull.

Once those two things are fixed. I believe the aircraft will be fully flyable with vr controllers.

For me, this is workingb with a bit of a workaround! Not with a gesture but I assigned secondary and tertiary interaction to the Thumbstick of the controller (up/down axis). Together with increase/decrease in the left/right axis, I can turn and push/pull the knobs. One Tipp: increase the deadzone of the vertical axis to avoid unintentional rotation of the knobs.

See also are:

1 Like