A32NX AP from HDG to NAV? APPROACH Button not working?

Yeah, it’s because SimBrief mainly has online flying in mind (Vatsim, etc.). But you can change the flightnumber in the MCDU right after import.

Sorry, I think I didn’t make it clear. I like the simbrief flight number being imported into the MCDU. I don’t have any issue with it. What I meant was that the imported flight number also gets synced to the MSFS ATC, while other parts of the flight like the flight plan are correctly not-synced when use the None setting on the EFB.

I actually liked the DAL4316 flight number on the MCDU, which I think is also used for the Uplink and for the text message address. But I don’t think this imported flight number should affect the ATC callsign as well since the imported flight number shouldn’t get synced back to MSFS ATC.

Yeah, I know that you mean. I’m not sure if we can do that, and also most members of the FBW team also focusing on online flying mainly. I’m not sure if they want to change that.

I’m not sure what online flying has anything to do with the default msfs ATC, since it’s offline anyway. It’s not about changing the online aspect of it. It shouldn’t be changed at all since it’s an important function for the online flying to work.

But the MSFS default ATC is offline, even the Azure is only for grabbing the voice service, but not necessarily broadcast or publish the communication online in a shared environment. Even when I’m flying with my friends, they can’t listen to my ATC chatter, the same way that I can’t listen to theirs. So I would think that in default MSFS ATC perspective, it’s practically entirely offline.

From my observation, default ATC seems to grab the flight number that’s entered into the MCDU’s INIT A page. If that’s imported from SimBrief, then the default ATC will use it. If I change it to another number manually, the default ATC will use the entered number as well. So I assumed, that this is an API integration between the aircraft itself and the MSFS ATC engine. I thought that by cutting off this flight number uplink towards the internal MSFS engine, while keeping the uplink to the FBW network, or Vatsim, etc. intact. That the default ATC will use the flight number that’s coming from either the customise page in the world map, or the livery/aircraft.cfg file. no matter the changes made to the flight number in the MCDU INIT A page.

But I understand if that’s not how the MSFS ATC engine works. If by cutting off that API would break the entire sim, then it’s probably a bad idea too. So that’s okay. Thanks for replying.