A32NX MCDU Server - Thermal Receipt Printer

This is amazing news, thank you so much!

Do you think it’s a quick issue to sort.

Has anybody tried it on the new exp version check if that works.

The original message mentioned using your phone or ipad for mcdu. How do you get that to work? Would be cool for programming flights.

It’s in the fly by wire release notes. Navigate to fly by wire a320 aircraft folder in the community folder then server then run the mcdu server. It will ask if you want to use a printer select y or n then load up the sim and when you load into an Airport in the aircraft it will display the IP address type that in the phone or tablet and it will appear on the screen.

1 Like

The server works for sure in the exp version. I don’t think they’ve fixed the printer font size issue yet.

Do you think they will sort the issue quickly or not make it a priority as it currently prints out correctly on a normal printer.

You’ll have to ask them!

problem is already solved and will be implemented with the next dev update

1 Like

I can see this has now been fixed on the GitHub, just unsure what variable to input after the newly added —paper-size argument…?

I’m wondering the same thing. Has anybody been able to get this to work correctly with a C8 paper size thermal printer? This is as far as I get before I become lost.

I dont really understand how github and the FBW releases work, but i got a reply on the github page saying we must be patient and it will be added to the next release… not sure what that means? perhaps someone cleverer than me can explain how it all works?

But essentially I think we need to wait and I’ll be added soon.

It means: the support for your printer is ready to go. It is now being cycled through our QA departement (testing). When they give their ok, we implement it with the following release.

1 Like

Watsi01 - Do you have any update on how testing is going with this?

We did further improvemts to the server.exe and this is still in progess. I’ll give a hint, when it is implented.

2 Likes

Sounds good. I appreciate the feedback.

MCDU Server improvements should now be implemented. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Amazing!! excited to try this tonight! Thank you so much.

1 Like

This is amazing, I’m having so much fun :nerd_face:

6 Likes