A32NX random METAR

Hi, The A32NX has a great feature that we can view the METAR and print them. But I found out the METAR is not true, it’s like random, it is different from the ATIS that the controller says(not in A32NX)
Is it really random?

The A320NX mod grabs weather data from, I believe, ADDS currently (aviation digital data service) which is different to the sims weather API as they are currently unable to grab that data. The info within the metar is correct, however, the ‘live’ weather within the sim is often not - which is what the ATIS is reading from.

Oh, so it grabs data from real-world weather?

Right, unless there’s been any changes recently they’ve no way of streaming the in-game weather data at this time. I believe you can change sources of the AOC/ATSU weather display to various data sources, but they’re all real-world. ‘Live’ weather in-sim is also intended to be real world provided by Meteoblue, however, sometimes it just doesn’t want to work as it should.

Actually, if you configure it correctly (in the MCDU options menu), the METAR information is taken from Meteoblue (the live weather data for the MSFS comes also from there).

The issue is: the METAR information in the MCDU is up to date. The Meteoblue information the MSFS has is at least one cycle behind (most of the times). So what ATIS says could be different sometimes.

1 Like