AAM for MSFS

It’s released on flightsim.to!

Please read the manual:

20 years ago I developed the tool AAM (Aircraft Airfile Manager) for FS9 and FSX. This alloowed for editing .air files. Not many tables made it from the .air file to the .cfg files in MSFS but still I think it would be nice to have a tool to edit especially the engines.cfg and flight_model.cfg files.

So I decided to adapt AAM for MSFS and am now in a state of development that allows me to show a short video of what I have done. It is not finished, it still needs some time until release. The last version for FSX was V3.0, for MSFS I will start with V4.0.

At release AAM will have the possibility to edit the engines.cfg file. It allows for graphically editing of the tables as well as shows color coded information iweather options are present in the SDK or not and if they are required or not.

Future enhencements can be:

• flight_model.cfg
  • engine and prop databases
  • import tables from FSX .air files
  • range checks of parameters
  • possibility to edit other .cfg and .xml files
  • possibility to edit assets like light positions on a 3D wire model of the aircraft

AAM will be (as it always was) freeware.

10 Likes

Awesome i loved AAM in Fs9 and FSX. Thank you for developing this great tool. i look forward to using this revamped updated tool when it’s released.

1 Like

Good old AAM, yes.
Nice seeing you adapt it for the new simulator.

1 Like

Wonderfull news!
I love AAM for FSX and used it many times for my past projects!
Thank you for your time and efforts bringing this great tool to MSFS.

1 Like

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!!!

1 Like

The single most useful tool - it may be freeware but should be at least donation-ware and will be very welcome to add back into the toolkit. Thank you!

1 Like

This is the best news i’ve seen/heard all year… Thank you mr.Sor’s :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m kind of touched, there are still fellow simmers who remember AAM!

1 Like

I still use it to teach fledgling engineers about flight models and the internal relationships between the various tables…

That’s nice. Sadly not all tables made it to MSFS.

No they didnt. I’m still quite angry at that, but little I can do. Other tables were renamed practically into oblivion with MS wanting to do whatever it had too to make the sim appear completely fresh and new,which we all know, it isnt…

We have entered Beta Test phase.

2 Likes

That’s easily the best news since the release of MSFS!
And it’s the only reason why I might start designing FDMs for the new sim.

This was already by far the most important tool for designing FDEs in FSX & P3D.

Thank you!!!

@VietVet8888 AAM has been designed by Karl-Heinz Klotz.

2 Likes

Is the requirement for windows 11 a typo?

Ooops, hopefully!

You’re right. It’s a typo. Win 10 is it.

2 Likes

AAM is available for download on flightsim.to.

1 Like

Does anyone know which data types the following entries in the Flight_model.cfg have? They are not in the SDK:

from the 747

flaps-sequence-increasing = 1
flaps-sequence-decreasing = 0

from the xCub

flaps-position-maneuvering.n = 0
flaps-position-speed-factor.n = 0.000000:-1.000000
flaps-position-speed-override-above.n = -1, -1
flaps-position-speed-override-below.n = -1, -1

flaps-position-speed-factor.n seems to be a 1D table.

New version 4.33 released:

Please see manual in first post.

1 Like

Version V4.35 released. Editor for Interactive Points added.