AAU2 787/747 no route drawn on ND on some flights

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

2 tags are required: One for platform, and one for aircraft.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No, developer mode is disabled.

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

N/A

Which aircraft are you reporting an issue about? (Please also add the proper tag for it)

Asobo Boeing 787-10

Brief description of the issue:

When trying to view my FMC planned route on the Captain’s side ND, I am presented with a blank map. However if I set the Lower MFD to show the ND there instead, the route is displayed as expected. This is the first time this issue has occurred, but it is a strange one. I have tried cycling the pages through, but nothing seems to fix it.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Insert planned route into FMS, then try to view route and planned waypoints on Captain/FO’s ND.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

N/A

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Latest

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Yes, on two flights in the 787.

First flight only had route drawn on the co-pilot ND. Second flight did not have routes drawn on either Captain or Co-pilot ND. ND was drawn on the lower display (CDU displays).

Screenshot by Lightshot
Screenshot by Lightshot

Yep same issue for me, I set the flight plan using the global view (IFR low altitude) when the flight loads I see no route drawn on the main display. I’m on the Xbox version. Also when I come in for the ILS landing that I selected via the map the radios are no longer set for my landing - so I get no ILS assistance from my instruments.

2 Likes

Interestingly I had this the other day on the 747, for the first time. Next flight was fine again

Yes, had the same issue today, first time flying the B78X since the update

Flew from KCHS to KCHS via LGRHD3 LGRHD TABIE then flew 3 approaches, at no point did the route draw on the upper NDs, but it did draw if I pulled up the ND on the lower MFD.

1 Like

Same issue here with the 747 and 787.

1 Like

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

N/A

Brief description of the issue:

The GPS flight path is not being displayed in the NAV Map (pink line) since the last update on the 747/787. Works on other aircraft.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

First pic is 787, 2nd pic is TBM, note the pink line on the TBM. Missing on the 747/787

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Create a flight with the 747/787

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Hi RB, I have the same problem when i load a flightplan in the Worldmap. If however i put the flightplan
In to the FMS by hand the line is in the Nav display. This happens only in the 747 and 787
Hope this helpt

Happy landings

Yes

On the 747. I did not create flight plan in World Map but programmed it directly into the FMC. Everything is correct and the aircraft will accurately follow the route and all speed/altitude targets, but it does not display anything on the ND. I did not have this issue right after installing the AAU2 update, but once it started it no longer goes away and I have now had multiple flights without any lines. Have not experienced it on the 787 yet.

Seems pointless to also post a blank ND screen.

Yes, every few flights with the 747-8 I get no path display on the ND.

The path is still stored within the FMS, though, as the aircraft can fly the route even if there’s no path displayed.

1 Like

Same issue here with 787 and 747.

Sometimes it works but smetimes not

The same happened to me today. For the first time.

I have the exact same thing. Can it be connected to the current AIRAC Cycle?
However i hope it gets fixed by the next update.

I imagine it is not assigned to AIRAC. It must be because some module does not load or is corrupt. You may have noticed that it follows the planned route but it is just not being drawn.

:slightly_smiling_face:

If I manually enter it in, still doesn’t work. And the issue is only on the 747/787.

hello, I am very disappointed, I took the premium delixe version especially for the 787-10 and when I take a direct flight with the 787-10, the route (pink line) is not shown on the VFR map and when I am in the air and then I turn on autopilot and my plane starts flying in circles and then it doesn’t go to the destination
Can someone please help me because I am disappointed

Got this today, no changes made, never had this problem, it does appear on the F/O side for some reason, 78x, Still works, flys and follows the route, i am just using the F/O side as i could not be bothered to reload the a/c

A direct flight should not be a problem since it has only two waypoints, the departure and destination airports, which you would need to verify they are correct on the DEP/ARR menu.

If you haven’t already, I recommend you read and walkthrough each step in the MSFS 787 Tutorial.

Good morning,

what is the status here is there already a solution?
I had the same problem yesterday. The complete route is not displayed. (incl. airport)

For me, the problem occurred with the 747-8.