AAU2: AI traffic landing and departing on the same runway at the same time in opposit direction

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

Nope

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Nope

Brief description of the issue:

AI traffic landing and departing on the same runway at the same time in opposit direction

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

using real/live weather and live traffic

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

right after AAU2

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

I have seen the same thing. I witnessed it yesterday after the update at KLAS and KDAL. I used Real/Live Weather as well as Rex Weather. Does Asobo/MS even test these updates before sending them out?

I may have an idea on what is going wrong here. That could be the reason why not many already discovered this.

If you happen to approach or be at an airport during a wind change from one to the opposite direction, ingame ATC changes the runways for AI / live traffic.
I presume that something is different with AAU2, so ingame ATC sees the opposite runway now as a total different runway and just doesn’t prevent two planes to land / takeoff on the same runway (one cleared from before the wind change and one after the wind change).
So in this time period, you can see planes ‘crashing into’ each other on one runway.

I’m not sure if this was the case before AAU2. I can say I never saw this behaviour before, so I assume it’s post AAU2.

AIFlow from flightsim.to might help a little here. You can force AI to land on a runway you assign. Make sure it’s started with the sim.

Edit: This program was updated 18th June to fix some of the issues you mention. See the change log.

Isnt AI supposed to follow Metar and wind directions?
I think that i see it more now then in previous updates. A lot of AI doesnt follow the live traffic/flightradar path. Even with winds gusting more then 30 knt the land with tailwind…

It does. But I assume when a wind change happens, the previously cleared aircraft still land with the old direction and the newly cleared aircraft aren’t held back - so both planes land on the same runway in opposite direction (same with takeoff btw)