AAU2 and Captainsim

I’ve not used any CS products since when they used to make decent products for older sims. I used to love their 707, 727 and C130. But I’ve also read all about their, err… “efforts” to bring products to MSFS.

I know the CS 777 for MSFS uses the Asobo 747 systems cludged into it, but I wonder, with AAU2 bringing a lot more functionality to the default 747 will that also make the CS 777 a semi-decent product?

Obviously not study level or groundbreaking, but I wonder if we’ll end up with a better 777 that might be worth a cheap purchase.

lol, that would require CS to update his products. How likely that is remains to be seen.

Or, consider this… The AAU2 update may bring some incompatibilities for products that were previously making use of the default 747 cockpit… And since CaptainSim aren’t interested in maintaining or improving their quick-$ “products” in any way, you may very well be left with an add-on that never works again.

On top of that, with a very high-quality B777 offering from PMDG on the horizon, it makes even less sense to be considering this Frankenstein equivalent. But hey, it’s your money.

1 Like

All the people that paid into Captain Sim …
Sometimes lesion have to be learned with cash.
When you know better, you do better.

Oh rest assured, I’ve read far more than enough to even consider CS these days. I mean, they went through the bother of mutilating Asobo’s default 747 into a 777 wrapper, and that was bad enough, but then they went and released a C130 without even attemting an interior at all!

I was just musing on what would happen to those products that rely on the default 747 systems. But as has been mentioned, CS probably wouldnt even update the 777 to be compatible.

1 Like

Exactly.

And as for the devs that have actually attempted to make a good add-on using the default 747 (such as the Salty mod), it remains to be seen how positively/negatively this Avionics update is going to affect a mod that had already improved the default aircraft by a long, long way.

You’d still have a 777 that isn’t even close to being a 777 but is a 747 in a 777 skin. Why on Earth would you want to fly that instead of the Asobo 747? For screenshots of yourself flying a (wannabe) 777? Just consider the CraptainScam product a sunk cost and move on.

2 Likes

Absolutely. It’s a shame how CS turned out. I remember back in the day how acclaimed their 727 and other products were. I remember doing an IFR DEN to SLC in heavy snow in FS2004. It was a handful to manage the manual navigation and old style AP altititude modes.

And I miss their old L1011. It had an iffy flight model but at least it had some attempt at custom systems.

There was just me getting hopeful. I’ve moved over to Xbox, so airliners with any sense of depth aren’t as common as PC.