Ability to remove “new content” exclamation marks in the World Map

I feel like I’m missing something obvious here, but is there a way to remove the “new content” exclamation marks from PoI’s and airports on the world map… without clicking each one individually? I have hundreds of them everywhere so it would take hours to click them all, and I find them rather distracting and unnecessary.

Thanks in advance.

I think you can just hide POI with the filters.

You can indeed, but I’d like to keep them active and get rid of the new content icon, if possible.

4 Likes

+1

would make easier to visit new places, and not revisit them because you forgot you went there 2 months ago

Yes Please! A “Dismiss New” option would be very nice. You could fly 24/7 for a year and probably not be able to clear every single “New” icon.

1 Like

Hello everyone,

As this topic is more of a feature request rather than a bug,
the topic was moved into the #self-service:wishlist category.

The title was changed in the process to be a little more descriptive.

Thank you.

1 Like

I would love a button which get rid of all the exclamation marks when having installed/updated world updates. Since it’s a pretty common thing for WU to have updates,

I get all those exclamation marks time and again and the only way (to my knowledge) to get rid of them is to click them one by one.

4 Likes

Not sure if its just me, but every world update resets all the exclamation marks globally. I like the idea of new POI’s being flagged, but it makes it pointless when they are all reset. Anyone else get this?

1 Like

Not only are the ‘new’ icons spammed across the entire planet visually annoying, the implementation of this feature makes it functionally useless.

Complete fail all round really, would also like to be rid of them permanently.

6 Likes

So for me everything that got added with sim updates and workd updates such as airports, points of interest et got marked as new again filling the world map with its exclamation marks. Would love an option to mark it all as not new.

2 Likes

These tags are 100% useless and create massive amounts of visual clutter (particularly in Europe) and there no way to clear them without clicking on every location. They also reset after random SU/WU/patches.

Add a button to the world map go “clear new.” This is really simple UI design and frankly shouldn’t need a wishlist item.

3 Likes

I have a different question… somehow my flight sim was reseted during crash and now I dont see which locations I visited and which not… I tried to uniinstal content but it was still marked as visited (only cities were marked as not visited) is there way how to add new content or the only solution will be completly reinstal MSFS?

I have a favor to ask. Please reconsider the design of the airport location icons on the world map, as it is not aesthetically pleasing to display them as expclamation marks. If you want to display something, you can change the color or something.

Please give us the ability to do something like “Mark All As Seen” in the World Map. I cannot STAND to see all the little yellow exclamation marks over half or more of the POIs in some random part of the world every time there’s a Content Manager update or some new region is updated. I’ll start considering a route, then zoom in towards an airport or field and BAM! A dozen or a hundred little POI exclamation marks in some part of the map smacking me in the eyeballs. For me it’s the visual equivalent of nails on a chalkboard, and I am far from the most OCD person in the world.

An option in the World Map to acknowledge or dismiss all these little exclamation marks would go a long way towards alleviating this annoyance.

Open the filters (from map use Space bar for More, then F key for Filters), scroll to Points of Interest, turn Landmarks to OFF.

Unfortunately not persistant though, so you need to do it every session, but not a big deal tbh.

1 Like

Oh I know how to do that. I don’t want them turned off entirely. I just want the little exclamation marks on the new/updated ones to go away. You can do it manualy, one my one, by clicking on each one of the markers to clear the exclamation mark off it. But for anyone with a moderate to severe form of OCD (*), that’s almost worse, because once you start clearing some of them, you want to clear them all.

(*) Full disclosure: I am the kind of person who sorts M&Ms and Skittles candies by colors.