Ability to setup G1000 and GPS unit dual encoder and buttons is still unprogrammable on patch 4

I cannot begin to express how annoying it is not having the ability to tie these functions to keyboard shortcuts, Joystick buttons, or SimConnect events.
Please fix this as

1. many home cockpit builders strive to not use a mouse. Even if we can accommodate a mouse its always been extremely flaky using a mouse in ALL light simulators.
  2. users who have RealSimgear are unable to use these controls.
    Why is this not on the list of things to address?
    It’s been 4 iterations of patches and it seems like it’s not even on the radar yet.
5 Likes

The garmin systems are not going to be upgraded until Update 9 according to the road map. What will be upgraded is anyone’s guess, but hopefully that is included. I guess we just wait 3 months for something that should have been sorted from day 1.

5 Likes

Yeah it’s super frustrating…I was minimum expecting be able to call and command via simconnect to control the g1000 setups.

Is this even on their radar? This is the stuff that separates a full featured simulator from more game oriented softwares

2 Likes

I still have my touchscreen turned off because I cannot use it with Air Manager and the knobster for the G1000 or GNS, I wonder how Realsimgear was able to call the controls per their announcement.

1 Like

im looking to wire up a Air Manager knobster as well. If RealSimGear figured it out we may have it soon… I hope

1 Like

Curious as well, I just simply assumed they have some kind of custom calls that their plugin can do.

1 Like

they seem to have a custom install so its uncertain if they are working with SimConnect which is a dependency for Air Manager to work

I think they (RSG) are using the XML files to trigger events, but that’s a lot of ‘custom’ work. The events should work without any digging into files. I just gave the events a try with their latest update (1.9.5.0), still nothing.

1 Like

I also look forward to this…don’t understand why these functions were not mapped from the start…

Me, too. I wonder how something like this can happen, especially today with all the programming-tools. Also i wonder how they wrote Tests fir it without the events.

They released FS2020 in a hurry, you are the person doing the testing.

Some functions can be assigned but not many. COM and NAV are ok. NAV and COM swap are ok. NAV source switch is ok. BARO sync is ok.

I could really do with a range knob event for the MFD though.

Count me in as disappointed as well. I do have a touch screen raspberri pi with 4 rotary encoders throwing keyboard commands to the sim and it works great for what I can control like the radios, heading bug, FLC, altitude set, and FS but it would be really nice to get full control of the Garmin, oh well.
Would eventually like to interface to sim connect so I can get feedback from the sim but that looks a bit daunting for now, maybe with fsuipc.