Absoultely awful performance on lowest settings using 3070

does that mean you will stop posting here? :slight_smile:

Up your “anisotropic filtering” as well as “Texture supersampling”. This will make the textures less blurry at a distance. It greatly enhanced the runway view.

On a 1080?? Can’t believe it. I have to crank everything down with my RTX3070 and the cockpit is still stuttering like hell. Can’t believe it.

Guys, I would really be happy to get help. I have a brand new RTX 3070 on my i7-8700k and the Oculus Rift and the performance is really poor, stuttering all over the place especially in the cockpit when I move around. Can’t believe it… Besides: Somebody knows where the FS was installed? I don’t have a WindowsApps folder and a file search found two FlightSimulators.exe with 0 kB size…

Any help is highly appreciated.

VR in general uses 1.3-1.4x screen resolution for image wrapping in order to get effective 1:1 rendering, since the visual area isn’t exactly rectangular like flat screen. Because of all this post processing extras, it is usually more taxing than 4K flatscreen.

What I did not mention in my post was the Oculus Debug Tools. You make the changes in there, and THEN you start up the regular oculus program before starting Flight Simulator. The debug tools reset each time you reboot the computer so you must do this every time.

I’LL SAY THIS AGAIN IN CASE ITS BEING OVERLOOKED BUT TURN OFF VSYNC IN FLIGHT SIMULATOR MAIN GRAPHICS SETTINGS!!!

1.) Make sure you are using at least v24 of the oculus software. I had to tell oculus software to give me the beta versions in order to get that version.(google how to do this)

2.) In debug tool change the first setting to a 1 (default is zero) to use super sampling.

3.) For Field of view (FOV) stencil, turn it off

4.) Set asynchronous Spacewarp to Auto. (I believe this is what minimized the stuttering)

Close the debug tool, start your regular oculus software, then start flight simulator. With my VR settings as mentioned in my earlier post, plus these debug tool settings in this post, I have good presentation in the sim. Also I have an I9-9900K

1.5x resolution of VR at 45fps isn’t more taxing than 4k 60fps. Especially with lower settings.
45fps is because that’s all you need with smoothing / asw.
Still can’t get it, even though I can get 60 fps 4K Ultra.
VR in this Sim is garbage and I can say that because it works so much better in Aerofly and DCS.

1 Like

I’m sorry but I have no idea what you’re talking about. I do have fairly extensive experience with DCS as well (much more so than MSFS), and the best I could do in DCS VR was 80 fps with reduced graphics settings (more often 45 fps in congested areas). I’m playing DCS regularly on my 55 inch LG OLED for this reason and easily gets 100+ fps with max settings in 4K. So VR is more taxing than 4K flat screen.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.