Access to community folder

Good day. Before today I had acces to the community folder. now when I try to save into this folder I get a message “Your organisation does not allow you to place this file here”

please help
Thank you

Hi there, What version of MSFS 2020 do you have MS-store or xbox or steam?

Hello. Yes I have the MS store version

Are you trying to unzip/unarchive a compressed file directly into the community folder? I had a similar issue once (don’t recall if it was the same message, it’s been awhile) where I couldn’t put a mod in there when I was doing it that way. What did work was unzipping the folder to my desktop (or anywhere outside the community folder) and then moving/copying the unzipped contents in to the community folder. Not sure how, what, why etc but it worked.

Hi, take a look at the following topics that might help you with your issue…

It happens because of long folder names. I download files from a source, it ends up in my downloads folder. If i care much about that download, i make a copy to a folder of my choice. I then unzip the file onto the desktop, which also removes the top folder (zip file name) and i can just move the file from the desktop into my community folder, then i clear my downloads folder.

I always do that anyway. Takes a couple of seconds longer but eliminates any mistakes.

Hi there,
I’m sorry about your issue. The place to seek help from fellow simmers is Community Support, so I moved your thread there. Best of luck!