Access to World Map outside of game?

I’m curious if this would be useful for anyone else or if it’s even worthwhile doing. It’d be nice to plan a flight outside of the game (ex. within an App or web browser) using the FS World Map. That way you’d have access to the POI’s and any available airport information that may be a little different to say ForeFlight or SkyVector.

I tend to have a little more downtime when outside of home, so would be great to plan a flight using what is available in the game, save it and upload it to the simulator as soon as I get home and start it up. :slight_smile:

Check Volanta on Orbx

1 Like

Looks interesting, I’ll give ‘er a go thanks so much!

On a similar note - is there any way to access the VFR map from MSFS outside the sim? Useful for creating bush trips as you can see which rivers/creeks/lakes are represented

MSFS has no proper VFR map. What you see in the game as VFR Map is just a GPS map from Garmin flight computers.

The best data (topographic maps etc) I would suggest LittleNavMap. SkyVector has actual VFR charts for the United States

Thanks for the quick answer. I didn’t know that it was a 3rd party map.
Little Navmap is great, I use it for all my flightplans

1 Like

You can use Volanta online for flight planning using their website fly.volanta.app but it wouldn’t show you POI from MSFS. Volanta covers multiple flight sims so even airport data might not match, but it’s the closest you can get with web functionality right now.

Yeah fair enough.

I do use SkyVector quite a bit for VFR/IFR planning beforehand but I’m finding myself having to change things and make adjustments by the time I load up the World Map which cuts into my flight time (I have an 11 month old at home so every minute is important! ha :wink: )

And yeah having POI locations for planning would be convenient too.

Overall though it’s not a big deal…just curious if there are others with similar thoughts