Acer headset not working

It works perfectly on my 3 year old laptop but will not work on my new gamer pc with rtx 3080. Display manager shows it is working, the controllers got paired even though they are not not needed for FS2020 and I confirmed the HDMI port is working. I even tried it with an adapter from a display port and will go all the way through the setup until the end when it tells me to put on the headset. It will not light up.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/search?q=WMR&src=support

I had reviewed that and have done everything they suggested. I can only assume the problem lies somewhere in my hardware. ABS Computers tech support says it has to be in Acers software…but its the same software that my laptop has and works fine on it. I was just hoping someone had the same problem after buying a more powerful system and found the solution.

Solution Found!!!

After hours of looking at posts, calls to Tech Support and etc, the solution was pure luck in a last attempt to fix the Acer Headset. While this contradicts several other blog posts, I went to Windows settings in Gaming and turned back ON the “game mode”, “hardware accelerated GPU” and “game bar”, it began to work like majic. Some may find FS 2020 works better with those 3 all turned off…but I needed them on in order for the VR headset to work.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.