Add a "black box button" that saves telemetry of recent events

Hi,

I think that would be cool if we could have some sort of “black box” that would record flight parameters and we could export it. I’ve some cool idea how to use that data :slight_smile:

I use a service called projectfly (https://projectfly.co.uk/) which records stats during a flight (location, airspeed, etc) and that data is exportable…

Not sure what data you’re after though. But it’s fairly easy to write something that will attach to the simconnect API and pull data at a regular interval.

I think it would be very useful if the game had some kind of a “black box” feature where you could press a button and save out critical telemetry (flight data, control inputs, panel button/knob presses, AP inputs, etc) from the past x seconds into a user readable file.

This could be used to differentiate between for instance a dirty potentiometer on a joystick causing a sudden control input or an autopilot related freakout.

There are a lot of people reporting various strange behaviors in the game right now - a little bit more information recording/reporting would really help with honing in on what to fix and filtering out potential problems external to the sim.

Ohh… I really like this idea… And also, make the black box feature able to be saved into a file.
You can share this file as part of the bug reporting, or share it to everyone that they can load, and “simulate” what happens on their screen.

It could really function as a replay feature as well where you can just load up the telemetry and replay it to see what you did during landing from multiple angles and work on the issues…

To save storage space, give an option if you want to save the telemetry at the end of the flight or not.

It’s stored on their servers, all the flights ever made. :slight_smile:

What about this?

1 Like

For us Xbox Players, as well.

Can we get a bit more telemetry for crashes. The black screen doesn’t help at all. Sometimes my wing or something clips an object and I have no idea what it was because I cannot pan or jump to drone view to see what it was. So I am petrified of the airport the next time because I have no clue what to avoid.

I also had an unknown crash when descending once, but again black screen and not much information about what happened.

Some telemetry or even allowing us to look around the aircraft as we had in FSX would be helpful.

Also some telemetry with whatever parameter was breached that caused the crash would also be helpful.

How much are you crashing your aircraft that this is a concern? :slight_smile:

You could use a 3rd party flight recorder available at flightsim.to.

Good point. It’s a rarity that I crash and I have crash detection on. But that to me is even more reason why I want to know the ins and out of what happened.

This is why I prefer to have the crash detection off…

Also a great idea for capturing bugs with MSFS, crashes, network disconnections, etc. It would be GREAT if it reported details of the specific nature of a crash or bug to the user. It goes without saying MS / Asobo should be collecting this anyway.