Add a fifth and sixth display to MFSF

Hi.
My Windows 11 PC has N.1 RTX 3080 Ti video card that has N.3 Display Port + N. HDMI port and, than, I can connect up to four monitors at the same time.
The first three display are used to show three different views : left view, central view and right view, so that I’ve an about 180 degrees of total view.
The fourth monitor, that is a 15" touch screen display, is used to pop out the Garmin G1000 PFD (on Cessna 172 Skyhawk).
The issue is that, if I want, i.e., to pop out the Garmin G1000 MFD or the swich panel (using Air Manager) I need a fifth and a sixth touch screen display but there are no HDMI /Display port available too.
Is there any way to solve this issue?
Any idea?
Thanks in advance

You have at least one video port on your mortherboard, possibly two. You can utilze one or possibly both of those. They might need to be enabled in your MB bios.

Hi.
I’m using an AMD Ryzen 5600+ that has no GPU and than I haven’t no video ports available on MB.

The other option is add an additional video card if you have an available pci slot.

1 Like

You have a few options;

1. HDMI to USB Dongle
  2. Add another GPU
  3. Use iPADS / Tablets for the switch panels and use SpaceDesk

I use a mix of 1 and 3 to run 8 Displays with Air Manager. As long as you run your main sim displays off your GPU, the text / Air Manager displays don’t require much horsepower so the adapters work just fine.

And SpaceDesk works great for iPads / Tablets.

2 Likes

Hi skypilot.
Thanks for you reply.
It seems to me a very interesting solution and I’ll try soon.
Anyway I’ve a doubt.
Using the USB dongle I’ll have a fifth HDMI output than I’ll be able to use on a fifth display like uPerfect 15" touch (not an iPad ot tablet)?
And, if yes, this will be another charge for the RTX 3080 Ti GPU ?

Correct,

It’s just a USB connection to your PC, and the other end has an HDMI port for your monitor. Completely separate from your GPU.

1 Like

If you have a USB-C port available, this device is cheaper than a graphics card and will support 4 monitors. There are a lot of devices similar to it that work using earlier USB 3.0 ports as well. j5create | USB-C to 4-Port HDMI Multi-Monitor Adapter
I have used this device with Air Manager to support a touch screen and both RealSimGear devices that use regularly.

If you have a spare old graphics card around and room on the MB, an additional graphics card can work as well. I actually run a Nvidia 3080TI with an old Radeon 7450(?) low-profile card along with the J5 device. Some older Nvidia cards will not work with the updated drivers as they are no longer supported, but the MS generic drivers work fine with the Radeon.

Forgot to add that I also have an HP VR headset plugged into all of this on the NVIDIA card that I use about 30 percent of the time without having to change ANY configuration settings.

1 Like

I had the same problem, 4 display limit (3070). Initially , I used a 15" touch, but that isn’t large enough. Besides that, using Air Manager takes up the entire screen, even if you only pop-out one MFD. I purchased a 24" touch display. I still can’t use stand-alone pop-outs and Air Manager on the same screen, but I can fit a lot more touch enabled items on the larger screen. I can still use Space Desk on a 10.1 Android for items such as NavMap. The 24" is not cheap, but worth it for the greater screen real estate.