Add new control bindings for set and release of parking brake

Unlike Landing gear which has Gear Up and Gear Down options, the parking brake only has “Set” and “Toggle”. Without the “Release” option, I can’t bind it to a two-way hardware switch.

I have ‘Set Parking Brake’ assigned to a single pole switch (on/off) on the ‘on’ position. I believe MSFS constantly monitors the switch position because when ever the position is change from ‘on’ to ‘off’ the parking brake is released. In other words, the parking brake is set until it’s not set.

Yes, and that’s exactly how it should be!
There’s no other keybind needed!

It is possible to achieve an On/Off state with the toggle via SpadNext.
What I did was setting a condition, checking if the “BRAKE PARKING POSITION” is either set to 0 or 1.
When I switch on my parking brake button now it checks whether the Brake parking position is set to 0 and then it executes the toggle. When it is not set to 0 it obviously doesn’t execute the toggle.

I hope this helps!

Thanks I am struggling to get the parking brake to work on any plane after binding it say with the last switch on the bravo - It’s showing as bound but nothing happens in the plane! Strange all the other switches worked ok

I, too have wondered about an “unset parking brake” command. However, I have two suggestions for a way to deal with the issue.
Suggestion 1:
I have the Honeycomb Bravo configured for a 737-800. Since there is a Flaps lever, I don’t need the FLAPS toggle on the Bravo. Instead I have configured the downward press on the lever to be the “Set Parking Brake” command. The upward press on the lever is the “Toggle Parking Brake” command. I can quickly assume the state of the parking brake by first pushing down on the lever (I know the brakes are set), then by pushing up on the lever I know the brakes have been released.
Suggestion 2:
To use one of the toggle switches on the Bravo, I can configure a similar arrangement and requires a similar procedure as in the first suggestion to know the state of the parking brake. First, set the on or up position on a toggle switch to the “Toggle Parking Brake” command with the “ON PRESS” option. Second , set the same on or up position on the same toggle switch to the “Set Parking Brake” command but with the “ON RELEASE” option. To know the state of the parking brake simply toggle the switch on (unknown state), then toggle the switch off (known parking brakes on state) and then toggle the switch on (known parking brake off state). Note: The off position of the toggle switch has no command assignment.

Cheers,

1 Like

This Wishlist request has been implemented, there are now the two options: ‘Parking Brakes On’ and ‘Parking Brakes Off’