Add options to use legacy FSX ATC voice for ATC communications

Please add options to use legacy FSX ATC voice for ATC communications, The Azure and other provided are too high pitch and robotic. The FSX voice is more human like unfortunately given how old it is.

The FSX pack (USEnglishBig.gvp) is even included in the fs-base package.

I use the Windows Offline option, which at least gives some variety in the voices. But it only has 3 voices vs. the 10 we had in FSX.

They should have reworked some real voices and chatter in that sound like pilots and controllers. EA Sports uses real announcers, no reason they couldnt do it on FS. I would like to see voice-activated replies. So I dont have to click ■■■■, I can just respond with my mic and it recognizes a few things I say to confirm readback

I think Azure is not bad with the voice sound.
But it could really have more variations.

Hello MSFS220 support, please is there a way to utilize the FSX pack (USEnglishBig.gvp) included in the msfs2020-base package.

its in …C:\Users\MyPC\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Official\OneStore\fs-base\sound\ATC\USEnglishBig.gvp

The voice pack is much better than the Azure and the offline voice. please assist !!!

1 Like