Add possibility to start cold & dark on a helipad

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and add-ons?

No

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

The new SDK provides the possibility to define heliports with helipads as departure positon. However, the helicopter always starts up with engine on without the possibility to start cold and dark.

I would like the option to load in with a cold & dark cockpit on a helipad.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Worldmap → Select heliport as departure → Load in with rotorcraft class aircraft

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Not sure whether this is still ‘active’, as it is a SU 11 Beta post, but I’ll just add my thoughts here.
I can understand that a runway ‘hot’ start is the only way, as nobody would park there cold. But helipads are different, it’s great to be able to start on my trolleys, as this is where the helis would normally start, but as they are stored that way as well, it makes a lot more sense to start cold and dark.

3 Likes

What I did was to add TaxiwayParking to each airport and that took care of it.

<Airport ...>
	<TaxiwayParking .../>
	<Helipad .../>
	<Start .../>
</Airport>

What I did was to add TaxiwayParking to each airport and that took care of it.

<Airport …>
<TaxiwayParking …/>
<Helipad …/>
<Start …/>

What file(s) do these go in?

Oh… my mistake! I thought you were developing your own airport in the sim. Those rows should then be in a scenery file, to be compiled.

Yes, that’s also how I solve it with my own heliports (only 1 helipad and the rest is taxiwayparkings) but nevertheless it would be nice to have it as an option.

Plus: helicopters on taxiwayparkings currently have a bug where they are misaligned (nose always touches the outer circle instead of being centralized with CG in the circle. Helicopters misaligned on parkingspots - MSFS DevSupport