Addional sound option (HeadSet)

Hello

It cold be a must if we can separate the sounds of game into different devices like.

Plane sounds on speakers
ATC sound on headsets.

What do you sink?

1 Like

You can do this already. Select headphones as communication device.

1 Like

If you are using a Windows, this is already available. Right click the speaker icon in your task bar, click on sounds, then Playback. There just set your headset to Default Communication Device.

In the Sim, Go to General, Sounds, then set Communications Selection to Communication Output. You must have your headset setup in Windows prior to loading MSFS 2020.

Hello,
As stated above, you can already do this. So I have moved your post your post out of Wishlist and into General Discussion in case you need help setting this up.

2 Likes

You have 3 options for sound.

1. Normal: both comms and other sounds play normally through your speakers or headphones.

2. Headphone Simulation: Simulates that you’d hear if wearing a noise cancelling headset in a plane. You hear the radio chatter nice and clear, but hear the engine and world sounds muffled.

3. Communications output: You can send the main world sound to your speakers and comms will happen through your headset. This is the option you were requesting. And as others said, it very much exists already.

1 Like

I wish this worked on USB headsets…

Or maybe it’s just my headset…

Hi

I have a razer usb headset and it works as everyone as stated by selecting in windows first as default communication device

Regards
Ex Tenebris .

I use a USB headset (Steel Series Arctis 5). It works fine. You need to set up your headset as your default communication device in Windows for it to work.

1 Like

The ability to do that is grayed out on my system for this headset.

Well, I think I just fixed mine. With the headset plugged in, I set the speakers as the “Default Device,” and Windows then selected the headset as the “Default Communications Device.” I’m off to FS to test there…

Edit. It turns out that the option is only grayed out if the device is already the default for both system sound and comm’s.

Edit 2: Everything working correctly in FS too! Yay!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.