Addons in Community appear as NOT INSTALLED in Content Manager, after updating to 1.15.7.0 and World Update IV, although they are installed

Well, thank you for letting us know.

A few months ago, I realised that FS updates can break addons. And this has happened to at least a few addons for each major update, despite having only 16 addons!
I like having control over the addons, that is why I prefer buying with developers to put them in the Community folder: the first time I bought from the Market place, I got a problem: Microsoft emailed me that all was fine, but I couldn’t install with the Market Place. I had to go to the forums, and Jummivana sorted the problem (proof of what I explain here: First time trying to buy in the Market place: Fail!).
But I would rather avoid having to do that each time. Hence, addons in the Community folder.

I love FS, but if it has to be like being at work again, finding bugs and reporting them (I have been working in software testing and validation, but now in QA, as bugs were just too much…), it’s no longer a hobby… instead, a source of frustration, as we can indeed read in the many posts here.

This is the reason why I only have paid for 4 addons so far, because testing addons properly at every FS update is extremely time-consuming, etc, etc…
Not because I don’t have the money!!! The next rig I am thinking of is likely to be £ 6000, since I haven’t spent anything in the last 15 months… But because I want to avoid the hassle. If it wasn’t for this issue of broken addons, I would have bought many, many addons.

This is a shame for customers and developers alike, for obvious reasons.

I think there needs to be a way to improve things without causing loss of compatibility at major updates. I am just thinking of developers…

What customers enjoy is fly and explore, not investigate and try to find fixes and workarounds.

The most frustrating thing is the fact that many, not all of course, bugs appear in features that are not that technically challenging, like the “NOT INSTALLED” bug… When we consider the innovative Brilliance of most FS features, we can only wonder how can such “silly” bugs occur, with all the brilliantly talented people working on FS.
It’s one thing to be brilliant, it’s another to not check.

But, be sure I love this sim! I wouldn’t spend time writing this if I would think it’s bad.

Therefore, I give the developers my utmost respect for their Brilliance.
I just expect a bit more care in avoiding bugs.

Thank you.

EDIT: Fortunately, my Logbook is still intact; I hope it remains so, as I mostly value the number of landings, and enjoy the landing challenges. “Show me your landings, and I will tell you what pilot you are.”