Addons in Community appear as NOT INSTALLED in Content Manager, after updating to 1.15.7.0 and World Update IV, although they are installed

Got the same issue, good news is that everything in community folder is working and is just a false indication in the content manager

3 Likes

The Working Title G1000 mod is now broken. The map in the right screen doesnā€™t load correctly. I removed it from my community folder.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Same exact thing for me. Deleted Community files, updated and downloaded new update, re-created Community folder. Everything works fine but all mods are shown as not installed. Weird.

Were you able to access the Marketplace to download the world update? My marketplace tab is greyed out. Thanks.

Thanks, This solved all my problems. The data got turned off during the installation and that is what caused all issues! My community folder still shows that my stuff in there isnā€™t installed, but it appears to be in the hanger. Iā€™ll double check though.

Mine is doing the same anyone got an reason yet

Figured it out with help from RevampedSine732. Go to options and make sure data is turned on (my got turned off by the installation). That still shows my community folder having things that arenā€™t seen (but seem to be) but it did light up my marketplace tab so I could install franceā€¦ There are still some issues, but they appear less major now.

1 Like

Hello guysā€¦ A question, Do I have to remove ORBX Paris landmarks with this new update? or they donā€™t create conflict? Thanks

This looks like a weird cosmetic issue. Everything still works, it just shows as ā€œNot Installedā€ - not a game killer, but a bug for sure.

1 Like

Same here as described by everyone. :frowning:

ā€œArc de Triompheā€ looks like common building to me also and community add ons claims ā€œnot installedā€ but they really areā€¦

Yep, pretty much this.

Update the sim, verify that youā€™ve updated everything in content manager, grab the update in the marketplace, and restart it same as weā€™ve always had to doā€¦Even though they show as not installed the mods still work.

Maybe itā€™s is not a bug but a feature? Before the update the community addons werenā€™t displayed or listed anywhere inside the Sim at all. Now they are listed in the content manager, thatā€™s not bad. They are maybe displayed as ā€œnot installedā€ because they are neither official nor marketplace content that can in any way be installed or deinstalled (or updated) by the Sim itself.

Install the free official France + Benelux package in the marketplaceā€¦

1 Like

They were listed in Content Manager before as installed. Just a visual bug, but they were there correctly previously.

2 Likes

One more, it is a bugā€¦

Wasnā€™t aware of that.

I have no idea if this will fix the issue that others are experiencing, however this is something I always do after any update. The information below is for the MS Store version of MSFS. I am not sure how it works for steam.

There is a repository of scenery that MSFS uses, both in the OFFICIAL and the COMMUNITY folder under the name Content.xml located in C:\Users\ YOUR USER NAME \AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

It is a file that can be viewed using a text editor.

I always empty the community folder before any updates.
After I update I restart the PC
I then browse to this file location and delete Content.xml
I then run MSFS and it rebuilds this file
I then exit MSFS
I move all the community folder contents back into the Community folder and re run MSFS
It then updates the Content.xml file with all the community folder scenery.

TL;DR deleting Content.xml and running MSFS with an empty community folder, exiting the sim and readding contents to the community folder and then rerunning MSFS may correct this issue. It might be worth a try?

Update: These steps donā€™t correct the issue

1 Like

Yes!!!