Addons - Missions / learning for learning the Pattern as with real flying?

Is anyone aware of an addon that puts mission content with tutorials on learning things like the pattern and proper procedures?

There are some that do many other things, but nothing like this specifically that i’ve seen, short of watching youtube videos and replicating

There is an add-on on flightsim.to that has an extensive set of training missions based on the flying exercises from the Jeff Van West book, “Microsoft Flight Simulator X for Pilots - Real World Training”, ISBN 978-0764588228. You can pick up a used copy of the book pretty cheaply from Amazon, though it isn’t strictly necessary as the add-on is documented, but it’s a nice reference to have on hand.

2 Likes

FS Academy VFR

I dont believe fs academy vfr has that module, i have it, unless its embedded in one i skipped

You might consider just getting a book or two that covers pattern work / procedures for the C152 or other aircraft. In other words, if you’re flying with a fairly realistic model in MSFS and have the hardware to support it (yoke or joystick, pedals) and have the hardware working well to give you a realistic feel, you should be able to do the pattern just as it is explained in the book. It requires a lot of practice and focus to get it right consistently.

yeah thats true and i have my share of those at this point, even king school and sportys, plus a few examples online, probably just as well, its just that the integration factor is nice for easier vr simultaneous use

1 Like

Lesson 3. The circuit…

1 Like