Advice on next upgrades?

Hi all,

I’m a relatively new flight simmer, but I’ve been hooked especially since I started flying in VR. Here is my current setup on PC:

CPU: I7-12000K
GPU: Nvidia RTX3080 12GB
Ram: 32GB DDR4-3200
Hard drive: 2TB NVMe SSD
Headset: Meta Quest 2
Controls: Xbox controller, mouse and keyboard

Since some of you have way more experience than I do, I was wondering if I could get some advice on what I should get next to really take my immersion to the next level. After updating settings with OpenXR to squeeze out some better performance, I do sometimes get crashes here and there saying “Your graphics device has encountered a problem”, but my GPU utilization isn’t completely maxed out or overheating from what I can tell. This doesn’t make the game unplayable at all either, although I haven’t flown long routes yet. It happens infrequently enough that I haven’t yet spent time debugging the issue.

The first thing I will probably do is buy the game since I currently have it through Game Pass and don’t want to keep the subscription constantly going. I’ve spent a lot of time looking at flight gear and was thinking my next best move might be upgrading controls. I’ve been learning with the Cessna 152/172 and would also like to learn the Cessna jet and the airliners next. Ideally the controls would be decent enough to fly anything so that I’m not tied to specific planes. After doing some research I was looking into a Honeycomb alpha/bravo combo and probably some similar level pedals. Seems like a really good combo, though I want to make sure it’s worth getting when flying in VR.

Would love to hear any other thoughts/opinions. Thanks!

By the way I think the crashes are from the GPU VRAM maxing out. I’ve lowered some settings from ultra to high and will see how that ends up working out. Also seeing the high VRAM might be related to a newer driver update so going to double check that.

You’re VRAM should be oke,
I’m running the game fine with much less.

Further I would buy the game and start flying more to find out what you enjoy the most now, big jet liners or smaller planes. Add ons can be expansive so take you’re time to decide what to get first.

A PMDG will cost you 70

And this PA-28 is great but 44 at the market place.

Buy some scenery from ORBX and you will be well over a 200$/€

~Bram