Aerial Simulations F-117

This week had a bit more flight model work and finishing up cockpit texturing. The cockpit and systems are now 95% done, just waiting on the bits that the new external model will have like bomb bay doors, drag chute, all the various retractable antenna and a general detail pass. I made a good dint into this list this week, hopefully I will be texturing the new external in under 2 weeks. In the meantime, here are a few beauty shots of the cockpit, and the last shot of the OLD external model.

17 Likes

Amazing! Personally cant wait :slight_smile: , what is your goal about the release, what do you think? August? September or later?

Btw. the main TV screen will show something (picture in picture)? I dont know about possibility of it in MSFS, in P3D it could be possible for example.

F-117 looking great, hope you can release it before Nov.

1 Like

While we wait in anticipation of this Great Sim, A few facts that I was able to glean from the USAF on the early development of what would become the F-117 Nighthawk. To shorten the development time, they used existing technology and parts already in inventory…
The Engines were from the T-38 Talon, the fly-by-wire systems from the F-16 Falcon, and the environmental system from the C-130 Hercules. The landing gear was straight out of the A-10 Thunderbolt II.
The F-117 you might say, became Royalty, an aircraft could have no better bloodlines than those from these other superb aircraft…

3 Likes

This week was all exterior modelling work, it is now almost done, just the main gear to go. So hopefully will be texturing before the end of the week. Here is a comparison of the before and after of the exterior rework. Pretty much every vertex has been changed, with the biggest addition being the bomb bay! (with a couple of travel pods in it currently)

15 Likes

Awesome! Excellent work. I am reminded by my latest Desktop Image, (Your in-Hangar View of the F-117), everyday when I fire up my sim computer…>> It’s Coming, be patient, It’s Coming… lol

Aerial Sim's proto F-117 in Hangar sm

2 Likes

What a tremendous effort on the model rework. Absolutely outstanding! Looking forward to this one, no doubt.

2 Likes

Let me know if you get Marketplace approval. I have a whole group of dedicated guys on Xbox who would be very interested in making a purchase!

4 Likes

Got it a couple of weeks ago, hopefully will be through the onboarding process by release time.

3 Likes

Great!! And Release Time is…?

the work done on this project - at least from the modeling side - looks amazing. I look forward to this aircraft release. The first flight sim I owned was F-117 Nighthawk…a game maybe – but a ton of fun.

3 Likes

Finished off the new external model this week and had a go at unwrapping it but I made an early mistake that I didn’t catch so I’m starting the UV unwrap from scratch again :melting_face: Otherwise all the new animations were done as well as the external lighting!

These screens don’t have any textures, its just the raw model and decals

18 Likes

Apart from the wheels it doesn’t look untextured lol. Advantage of radar deflecting paint! Maybe you can save some MB’s and leave it plain haha

2 Likes

Incredibly beautiful!!! I really can’t wait to fly this beauty.

2 Likes

Nice! Thank you for the update :slight_smile: !

1 Like

Seeing “HO” on the vertical stab in your recent screen view, it appears it may be a Holloman AFB based Aircraft!
Saw the Nighthawk for the first time there in ~94’…
Almost impossible to tell your renderings from the real thing, super excellent job!
I hope it’s possible to get the flight envelope modeling to the same high level as the super graphics work, a tall order since they look soooo very fine…

2 Likes

It’s starting to look a lot better with them though :wink:

14 Likes

:smiley: :heart_eyes:
Waste of disk space with that unnecessary texturing… I’m not buying this now :stuck_out_tongue: :angel:

1 Like

Nice! :slight_smile: however I dont see any lines on external texture (and too clean, no weathering), WIP, I know it :slight_smile: and cant wait too.

2 Likes