Aero Dynamics DC-10 / KC-10 for MSFS

Hey guys, I just wanted to post a bit of an update on this thread as a bit of an insider on the project. They just had an update today with a bunch of new content that I wanted to post for people to see here, and you can check out the full drop on their Discord here Aero Dynamics

Some of the unmentioned plans I wanted to talk about here for the DC-10, particularly two seldom known systems, the planned navigation system, the Collins AINS-70, and the autoland aid, the Performance And Failure Assessment Monitor.

The Collins AINS-70 was one of the first commercially accepted RNAV guidance systems, installed on the original DC-10-30s when they were delivered, and we would like to represent it as true to life as possible. This includes the VOR/DME triangulation it used for position reference, as well as the triple mixed INS systems used when outside of VOR/DME range. The capabilities of the system are surprising, being capable of SIDs and STARs, despite being designed in the early 70s. This means it will be a period correct navigation system that is fully capable of modern RNAV procedures, as any other modern FMC is capable of.

Meanwhile, the Performance And Failure Assessment Monitor was a system included with the ILS and Autoland function of the DC-10, was a display that would show a predicted touchdown area, and if the approach deteriorated or there was no contact with the ILS, it would notify the pilots to go around, or engage in an automatic go around in Autoland mode. It will give pilots a sense of comfort while doing a low or no visibility autoland approach, and I hope it interests all of you.

One of the biggest goals of this addon is not only to bring one of the highest fidelity renditions of the DC-10 to Microsoft Flight Simulator, but to breathe new life into these aged systems from a bygone era with all the information we have on both of them, which is extensive. The team is open to applications for anyone experienced in systems development for MSFS, and any help to accelerate the process and add to the team and quality of this addon is appreciated.

16 Likes