Aero Dynamics DC-10 / KC-10 for MSFS

24 Likes

This looks very promising! I’ve always been a fan of the early TrI-jets. Looking forward to the release.

2 Likes

Really looked promising, hope they can be out real soon

1 Like

cant wait for release.

If that boom works, I have a plan for it :slight_smile:

I love DC-10, I flied with Just Flight in FSX it was decent aircraft.
Can’t wait for this one in MSFS.

Only I wonder why they decided to make tanker version, since we do not have military jets capeable of aerial refueling.

So we can play Air Force pilot instead of bus driver. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Interesting - My neighbor who taught me how to navigate and fly in FS-98 was captain qualified on the MD-11, the follow on to this plane after the big accident in Chicago (I think). If anyone remembers, two huge accidents with DC-10-Chicago and one other place don’t now remember where. But McDonald Douglas, re-worked plane and came out with the MD-11 version. Not to far after that Boeing Aircraft purchased McDonald Douglas, ane did End of Life on it. Believe the only planes Boeing kept were the C-17 and the F/A-18, may be others. The C-17 is awsome plane to fly, awaiting the F-18 in GOTY release on 11-18-21.

Love the Tri Jets! Looks very promising. Really looking forward to following the development and checking it out when it’s released.

So exciting to see the aircraft that are coming. The next couple of years are going to be fantastic.

1 Like

Coz the developers have some real pilots of the tanker version, which they think it’s easier to make the system true to life

This is a very interesting project. Let’s hope it gets released soon and not forgotten like many other promising projects that never made it to the sky in simulators.
I have a very special spot in my heart for the DC-10, so I can’t wait.
Thank you for this formidable choice.

Boeing actually kept quite a few of the McDonnell Douglas aircraft in production, as well as the C-17 and F/A-18 you mentioned, there is also the T-45, F-15 and AH-64. On the civvie side there was the 717 which came from the MD-95. Probably others too.

The KC 10 could be very interesting if the boom or boom and drogue can lower and thought has been given to the air to air refuelling concept. It might be down to the mod community to actually do something with it, but follow the scenario below for a clue as to where my thoughts are going.

For those with the fast jets, or even as a simulated “Dry” exercise, you could finish your thirsty low level shenanigans, and either get vectored to the tanker, or for those that think ahead, navigate to a pre defined racetrack where you will find the tanker, get cleared to join and refuel, before descending to burn more paraffin in your chosen pursuit. It would be great if the receiving aircraft could get an increasing fuel load, the longer that they stay attached.This would be a great multiplayer session, if Asobo could sort out the close proximity/Vanishing aircraft “feature” and assuming that you have working comms. Even better, if you could do this with working, live ATC.

Yes, you can dream, but we were doing exactly this over ten years ago in FSX.

So. Developers, Modders and users, have a think about it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I can agree with you, KC-10 would have purpose if we have “war mode” in FS.
To have separate “rooms/servers” for military operations. Where fighting would be possible, ground targets, specific tasks etc.

OK there is people who like KC, but right now it would be much better to have civilian DC-10 version, since we simulate pax and cargo transport.

Well, I wasn’t thinking about military operations at all really, although those that like this sort of thing could. I was thinking about fuel and flightplanning, trip and time planning, plus good old navigation. Far more satisfying to me, at least.

These things fly above my house every day. Far as I know, there’s no war here.

3 Likes

Well, tbh I myself will be flying it as a dc-10 anyway, nobody stop you fly a military jet in game for travelling no?

1 Like

If flies like a DC-10, sounds like a DC-10 and looks like a DC-10, it is a DC-10 :slight_smile:

1 Like

There is no war, but pilots who fly tankers and fighters must practice for aerial refueling.

1 Like

Of course. That’s my point. A lot of people seem to be under the impression that one shouldn’t fly military planes in a flight simulator unless they’re under fire. My point is that pilots practice flying every single day under peace conditions.

3 Likes