Aeroplane Heaven DHC-1 Chipmunk Review

3 Likes

Nice plane. But I find the engine noise very repetitive, especially in external view… Started to get annoying after a short while… Hopefully it will be improved in future updates…

3 Likes

Excellent video review. And, at last, someone who agrees with me that the internal engine sound is not quite right. What we need is the deep resonance (and tone) of the outside engine sound when also inside the cockpit. Please AH… “Make it so.”

2 Likes

I do find the engine sounds bit too obviously like a loop. Would be good to fix that. Otherwise it is a cracking little plane.

2 Likes

Yes it is. Mounting up the hours on it here!!

1 Like

Was following the last thread, and didn’t speak up, but you definitely don’t need an audiologist. The sound quality is not the best, and with my gaming headphones I can plainly hear the engine sound looping. That’s a deal breaker for me, but I’m sure the airplane has plenty of features that more than make up for it, especially for those with a sentimental attachment to it.

I think we get spoiled by some of the exquisite modeling, artistry, and sound sampling a major game studio like Asobo can crank out. The bar has just been raised so high now.

2 Likes

All of their planes are like this, i own all of them and i would descibe them all as overpriced and mid range at best

I don’t regret buying (I mean it’s a Chipmunk) but was disappointed by the sound loop.

I don’t say I don’t agree.
But it doesn’t seem to hurt their sales to be mediocre, considering there are people who buy all of them despite the obvious deficencies.

2 Likes