Aeroplane Heaven's Electra after update #6

After having updated the latest update, I had to reinstall the AH Electra, which is no big deal. Happens with other planes after updating as well. But while the plane is running smoothly again, it unfortunately shows grey blanked windows on the fuselage of the aircraft (see pic below)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ywmkhdxjx880ux/WidowsBlank.jpg?raw=1

Anyone who encounters the same issue?

Peter

Yeah same for me.

Posted today on Aeroplane Heaven’s Facebook page:

As you are all probably aware SU6 has been released. We were readying the Electra update however we noticed some newer issues that have cropped up post SU6 . Including the exterior glass. However if you dont have external windows…

Optional extra in the update to come. #ameliaearhart

https://www.facebook.com/Aeroplaneheaven

1 Like

As your picture shows, also the lights in front seems to be affected.

This must be the Earhart’s NR16020 modified airframe :slight_smile:
(sorry, I had to :laughing:)

Glad to hear the update is in the pipeline, though.

EDIT: Just checked the AH’s post on their FB - they actually ARE including the Earhart’s modified Electra in the update (the registration should be NR16020, though), great! I am curious whether they also bring the engines to the R-1340 Wasp (600hp) standard and increase the MTOW & total fuel capacity accordingly (16500lb and 1151 gallons). This aircraft had seriously long legs :grinning:

2 Likes

Ooo! I will be following this very closely as this is exactly what I have been looking for! I hope they do match the stats accordingly (it would be silly, really, not to), as this turns this from an easy-pass for me to a must-buy if done accurately (and of course assuming the long list of release bugs are fixed).

One question I have now, and this was raised in the other thread as well: the ailerons seem to extend past the trailing edge of the wings. Is this accurate? I’m having trouble finding real-life photos of that area to confirm, but it does look a bit odd.

Update:
Version 1.2 Electra changes

Changes/bug fixes

1. Removed auto mixture. shes now a very finicky beast you will need to manage the mixtures ( please remember you can always turn on automixture in the accessibility options of MSFS )
  2. Upped the power to more closely mirror the top speeds as found on wikipedia.
  3. Changed to custom code for the nav 1 and NAV2 to from flags. Stock versions werent working correctly.
  4. Fixed the second engine intermittently NOT starting with any form of starter.

Notes

Sperry autopilot is being worked on but is not in this update. Point 4 was deemed a priority enough to require this as a release.

1 Like

Just installed the update it is indeed tricky to start, but also the entry door doesn’t open and the entry ladder is permanently extended! Seems like a hot fix is required!

I’ll start by saying I might be in the minority, but I really like this plane even with it’s imperfections.

I just did some testing. Not sure I would call it a very finicky beast as far as mixture goes. Mixture seems to do very little, but maybe it’s just an MSFS limitation. I took off around sea level, set one mixture to full rich and the other leaned to just before RPM decreased and climbed to 10,000 feet or so. Starting around 9000 feet I could see the RPM dropping off a little on the full rich engine, so it’s doing something. CHT, MP, and everything else was identical between engines. Only fuel flow and RPM was different. There was a little bit of sideslip, so the lean engine was making slightly more power. I leaned both for max RPM and descended back to sea level without touching them. At sea level, pushing the mixtures to full rich added maybe 50 RPM… hardly noticeable.

Anyone know if the backwards mixtures (full aft is rich, full forward is idle cutoff) are accurate? It seems very strange and I can’t find any references to support it. All the pictures I can find of flying Lockheed 10s appear to be the normal way. Maybe they’ve been converted?

I also noticed carb heat has no effect on carb air temp or anything else as far as I could tell.

1 Like

I absolutely agree. Even with the bit of wonkiness with this Electra I’m really enjoying it. It’s been fun re-tracing Amelia Earhart’s around the world attempt. So far so good:

Now if only someone would create a little airstrip on Howland Island for me so I can shoot for that after PNG. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I emailed AH about the issue and they replied within a day to advise that there was a coding issue and they issued another update, problem now solved, happy days!

3 Likes

So current update is 1.2.1? At least that’s the newest one I’m getting

yes - that’s the latest and includes the door and ladder fix

1 Like

I’m in the same boat and really like the plane. Fly it often even with its quirks. Just hope that the updates will keep coming.