Aerosoft Antarctic Vol 1

This looks fun!

12 Likes

I was just about to post this video haha. Looks sick. Here’s the description.

Looks like it’s coming with 3 bases and some surrounding features to liven up the place. Pretty cool. Curious to see what the cost is, as I don’t usually buy scenery, but this seems pretty unique.

Loving the nod to the twin otter. She looks pretty far along in the trailer.

3 Likes

That looks really cool. Look at the ice in the ocean or the ice sheet with the snowmobiles. Wondering how much new imagery they will provide with the scenery.
Can imagine some nice bush trips or SAR missions. Smart move to bring this together with the Twotter

1 Like

Released today, available for €15:

4 Likes

hope they’ll do a bundle with the Twin Otter

2 Likes

It simply looks amazing; winter will soon arrive here and then I will put on some warm clothes, move the computer outside, and visit those cute penguins :smiley:

This scenery is just awesome! So much love for details in here, this is truely special. Also it comes with a nice manual which explains some specialties about flight operations in Antarctica and also some real life flight plans (which are designed for the upcoming TwinOtter). For only 15 Euros a real bargain. Can’t wait for Vol.2 (and TwinOtter of course ;)).

2 Likes

Good afternoon
i watched the wonderful video about Anctartica vol.1 / Rothera.
Arte the shown airplanes included?
Or, if not included, how can i add skies to the wheels of standard MSFS airplanes?
Lorenzo

No the Twin Otter is not included. It will be released by Aerosoft sometime in the future.

The default C172 and X-Cub come with ski options, and the recently released payware Milviz PC-6 does too.

AvAngel has reviewed it on Youtube and isn’t the biggest fan…

1 Like

That reviewer totally glossed over the fact that MSFS can add snow on top of the satellite imagery…

I would really like to see some more reviews of this

1 Like
3 Likes

Good stuff. A very different take.

Some jankiness here, and of course the low resolution ground textures and the terrain popping we’ve already seen. But I like this! For the price, I’d say it’s probably worth it.

Here is my review in German language inklusive a H145 landing on the ship.

Kind Regards
JayDee

5 Likes

I’m definately going to buy it, I spent a small fortune on these areas in Xp11 and looking forward to trying them out in MSFS 2020, arctic cargo / pax runs in AH2!

I hope they expand it further, or release more arctic related maps.

Hello @JayDee6281 ! How did you manage to land on the boat please ? I tried with the H145 but I was flying thru the deck… nothing was solid :smiley: Thanks !!

This is not the moving ship. The moving ship cannot be landed on, it is a restriction of the sdk. I landed on the stationary ship appr. 15-20nm east of the base. On the Worldmap there is a location marker.
Kind Regards, Jay Dee

2 Likes

Thank you @JayDee6281 !

2 Likes

Your welcome.